Nashville Courts 4-Star Hotel

producer2

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bert Mathews lot is one possible site. Another is the lot on 5th and KVB directly behind the MCC where some construction trailers were at one time. There is also a vacant lot on Peabody Street. Peabody Hotels has been in talks with Nashville for some time.

I would like to see Intercontinental, Hotel Palomar, Mandarin, Kimpton, or some brand we don't already have.

Sorry, it was a locked page and I thought I copied it all. My bad. In essence, sites were not the topic but more about the City's willingness to use TIF if necessary to bring in a 4-star property.

If you want scuttlebutt the word on the street is the former Westin site on lower broad is still leading the pack. It mentions Tony and his site but not many folks think that is going to happen. So it probably will :)

The Bert Mathews lot is one possible site. Another is the lot on 5th and KVB directly behind the MCC where some construction trailers were at one time. There is also a vacant lot on Peabody Street. Peabody Hotels has been in talks with Nashville for some time.

I would like to see Intercontinental, Hotel Palomar, Mandarin, Kimpton, or some brand we don't already have.

How about all of those, ;) . Sorry, that's my OCD speaking!

I understand what the city is doing when it comes to going after 4 and 5 star hotels downtown. The Westend and GreenHills will get the Ritz and Four Seasons hotels one day, but to bring big spending conventions to the city they need above standard service and lux rooms for the visit. To pull in the spouses the hotels need nice 3 meal a day cafes, resort like pool and spa. We have the night life down to a science. Also the limited service hotel like the Hyatt Place has it's place for people like myself that do'nt need the extras, but when the company is paying for some or all they want more.

I understand what the city is doing when it comes to going after 4 and 5 star hotels downtown. The Westend and GreenHills will get the Ritz and Four Seasons hotels one day, but to bring big spending conventions to the city they need above standard service and lux rooms for the visit. To pull in the spouses the hotels need nice 3 meal a day cafes, resort like pool and spa. We have the night life down to a science. Also the limited service hotel like the Hyatt Place has it's place for people like myself that do'nt need the extras, but when the company is paying for some or all they want more.

Exactly :)

The full NBJ article mentions a company out of Denver. Here are examples of their work:

http://www.swerdling.com/projects/omaha.html

I had mentioned to William that I thought there was going to be a surpirse that none of us expected and this may fit the bill.

images_logo_sm.gif

76739653.png

Interesting that in the plan the height limit in the KVB corridor in SoBro is UNLIIMITED. The only other area that has unlimited height limits are in the CBD.

Archived