SouthPark Mall

uptownliving

nm's problem is that that it only accepts cash, nm cards or amex. Unlike their website.

Since I used to shop NM as a high schooler I was told "we do not accept bank cards." That hurt my feelings because I thought I was doing something being a junior and having my daddy give me my own card to shop. I was told that they don't take bank cards when I was a junior in high school...many years ago....and since then I always make sure to have my AMEX with me. I read Steven's remark some time back and did not know that they had changed that policy. Since it has been some time since my feelings were hurt, I decided never to inquire about it again. Even still it's just easier with AMEX so I'll continue doing the same thing that I have done for....I almost said the years....for the time I have shopped at NM.

NM would probably only make arrangements for you to use an alternative payment method if you were spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on something, say a purse or outfit lol I wonder how much a pair of socks goes for at NM....what can you get for $100 or less there? Anything?

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/...90733cat5690739

Probably the cheapest thing there

Hmm.... Steven?
They don't do it on the sales floor typically. Try Customer Service next time, or failing that, get an NM charge.

This is not in issue I usually face. I usually use AmEx at NM.

Actually I tried that the first day opening.....they said no.....i ended up paying with cash for my $288 Rock & Republic jeans :angry:
You don't have an AmEx or an NM charge? You? You? Dude! :P

I'm not even going to get into you paying $288 for jeans and making sure you posted it online. :lol:

NM would probably only make arrangements for you to use an alternative payment method if you were spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on something, say a purse or outfit lol I wonder how much a pair of socks goes for at NM....what can you get for $100 or less there? Anything?
$100 or less at NM? Cologne, socks, Lacoste polos, t-shirts, underwear, ties..stuff like that.

That's the funny thing about it....what person with that kind of spending power does not have an AMEX but has bank cards? If you can pay the card off within a billing cycle then why not just get an AMEX? Unless your credit is kind of shaky. I personally would never carry thousands and thousands of dollars of cash around with me. I learned that in high school as well when my daddy gave me alot of money and I lost it one time when I was a freshman. So the best remedy for me has been AMEX.

Anyway, back to NM. My initial experience happened like I said many many years ago when I was a junior in high school. Saks across the street sure didn't mind taking my money back then, lol. It did not deter my interest though and I have been a shopper of NM since then...I just make my major purchases with an AMEX and be done with it.

That's the funny thing about it....what person with that kind of spending power does not have an AMEX but has bank cards? If you can pay the card off within a billing cycle then why not just get an AMEX?

AMEX cards are issued by some banks. Lots of foreigners don't have AMEX cards. That is the reason the Las Vegas NM takes Visa. Or some people simply don't want an AMEX card. Really, who cares how people make their purchases? :huh:

SP NM -- nice yet small. Not terribly impressed with the selection, but it will defnitely do. :)

GQ just named Billy Reid one of America's 100 best men's fashion stores.

Here was a quote from GQ that offers some background on the label that I did not know.

In late 2001-mere months after Reid opened a New York studio, got picked up by Barneys and Saks, and won the CFDA menswear-designer-of-the-year award-his financial backers pulled out, forcing him to shut down operations and leave the big city. But the intrepid designer bounced back by opening his own mini empire of stores to sell his elegant but broken-in line of suits, shirts, and sweaters. There

They're still getting settled in. I'm expecting bigger and better soon. :)

The good news is there's less competition for the few size 10 shoes NM carries. Yes, I have huge feet. Hey, have you been to Cusp yet? I could definitely see one of those in Charlotte. More openings are scheduled for 2007, but no word where yet.

GQ just named Billy Reid one of America's 100 best men's fashion stores.

I remember one of Billy Reid's earlier collections. I remember loving him, because he was the very opposite of Sean Jean, which IMO is awful. Menswear is so difficult to create. Fashionable menswear even more so. I'm impressed that he manages to make "pretty" clothes.

The good news is there's less competition for the few size 10 shoes NM carries. Yes, I have huge feet. Hey, have you been to Cusp yet? I could definitely see one of those in Charlotte. More openings are scheduled for 2007, but no word where yet.
Size 10 isn't that bad. I'm a size 13 in men's shoes, and they are similarly hard to find. The thrill is in the hunt, though :)

I haven't been to Cusp yet, but I like what I've seen so far. I plan to go soon, if I can get the logistics worked out to go to Washington. There are some new Barneys Co-Op stores in that area too, so i'll check those out as well. Now, one of those at SouthPark would be off the chain :D

I finally ventured into NM yesterday. I was not dressed up or down, just Sunday Casual. The associates scan you up and down like they are undressing you financially :blush: I felt so violated! I actually got a few hellos from them. Shocking. The store is nice. Hardly the masterpiece the Observer gushed about though. I expected fancier bathrooms. That is the primary reason I went in there, as I would have to take out a loan to buy anything there :shok:

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the Ralph Lauren store yesterday with a friend. He wanted to show me some pants he found there that he really liked. Well, he couldn't find the pants, but we did come across this really nice brown cashmiere sweater with patches on it. It was Purple Label of course. Well we got some serious sticker shock when we looked at the price tag: $1,140.00. That wins the award of priciest sweater I have ever touched. We didn't buy the sweater but we did joke about asking the clerk if they had a 12 month no interest payment plan for it...lol.

I do have to say that the people working in the store were nothing but nice..and I didn't feel out of place wearing jeans and a t shirt.

umm.. you haven't seen anything. Go to Burberry and ask for the Alligator bag......i believe it is around $22,000. Meanwhile what is the deal with Juicy Couture, are they still coming to the mall?

Also the new stores are pretty sweet, but it is Neiman Marcus who takes the cake. I went in to buy a couple shirts and was treated as if i was going to buy an Armani suit. The clerks helped me to the furthest extent and even began meaningless conversation. One clerk just talked about the architecture of the place and the artwork that is inside. He said that though it is not as big as the Lenox Suare NM, the SP store takes the cake because of its classiness.

Finally, why is it taking so long for stores to be announced at the Village at Southpark? How far does it have to go before we hear what is coming? can we also have some pics of the progress, if it is not too hard?

On the mall website under mall highlights, it mentions Juicy Couture. It is not on the directory anymore, possibly because it is opening later than what was originally planned (which is why it isn't "coming soon", yet). If anyone has been to the mall recently, does the construction wall mention Juicy Couture?