Norfolk Skyline

varider

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the next few years I see multiple low (5-7 floor) to mid-rise (8-15 floor) infill buildings. Which is great because as many people have pointed out they increase density.

I also think we will see a 30+ floor tower (office/hotel) in a few years. It will happen eventually.

Granby Tower would have been the tall, signature (design) tower we have all been dreaming about. I think eventually we will have a tall iconic tower in the Norfolk skyline.

For the next few years I see multiple low (5-7 floor) to mid-rise (8-15 floor) infill buildings. Which is great because as many people have pointed out they increase density.

I also think we will see a 30+ floor tower (office/hotel) in a few years. It will happen eventually.

Granby Tower would have been the tall, signature (design) tower we have all been dreaming about. I think eventually we will have a tall iconic tower in the Norfolk skyline.

I do see the skyline changing right now....

Wells Fargo Center is rising. That will be the first change.

Soon, we will see the start of construction on the Westin Hotel. That will be the most impressive change to the skyline.

Once the new courthouse is built and the old general courts building is torn down, we will have prime property for a new tower on the corner of Waterside Drive and St. Paul's Blvd.

Plus the Snyders lot has the potential to sprout a tower!

All this and plus a very very very small chance of some type of Granby Tower (who knows).

I think we will see gradual change over the next 8 to 10 years! Especially after 2 years when the economy begins to recover.

I don't see the skyline changing very much for a while in Norfolk. However, I do expect to see the street view change rapidly. I'd prefer to see all the vacant parking lots filled in and monuments and parks spread throughout the city, thus creating more destinations than just around downtown.

If I had a skyline wish right now, I'd wish for the destruction of the BB&T building, CITY HALL :o-_- , and the Bank of America Building, as well as the Sheraton and Dominion Tower parking garage which can be seen from the water. That should just be an extension of TPP.

If Granby Tower can get off the ground, lots of low and midrises built, we'd have a nice charming city with sporatic big buildings that can be seen from all over the city creating picturesque and iconic views specific to Norfolk.

A new Norfolk City Hall would go nicely on the plot where the Juvinile/Domestic Court building currently is. That way it's address could be back on City Hall Avenue. A nice tower with plenty of parking in the garage for all the city employees who work in city hall and additional parking in the lower levels for city residents and visitors. with a penthouse for council chambers that has panoramic views.

What would we be looking at, a 30 floor tower??

man isn't that a pie in the sky pipe dream! :lol:

• 6 months later...

The two best sites for a supertall building is granby towerlot courtyard parking lot, and the lot on the corner of brambleton and st. paul's .Our skyline is decent enough that it wouldn't take much to really set it off, ya know?

Anybody know how to create a skyline rendering?

The two best sites for a supertall building is granby towerlot courtyard parking lot, and the lot on the corner of brambleton and st. paul's .Our skyline is decent enough that it wouldn't take much to really set it off, ya know?

Guys, we have "Norfolk Skyline", "Downtown Norfolk Progress", and "What do you see in the future for Norfolk" threads which after examination all seem to be a variation on the same theme. Don't be surprised if I merge these all into one thread later this week.

I merged it with Norfolk Development, all the posts are in there. There didn't seem to be anything major enough to warrant it's own thread. I try to keep the number of threads down to minimize clutter so if I see two similar topics, or a thread that can actually be encompassed in one overarching topic, then I merge them.

Archived