City looking to revoke Margarita Grill's liquor license

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the beating death has played a role in this resolution. I read over the incidents, and although I think it's ridiculous to mix minors and alcohol in a club, I would like to see information concerning the amount of police reports concerning the other major nightclubs before I come to my personal opinion.

Perhaps Margarita Grill should stop this Wall to Wall Wednesday though.

It's a shame that alcohol has to be such a big reason for doing anything after dark. I go with under-21 friends all the time to clubs anywhere from Chicago to Detroit to enjoy good music by good DJs. To be honest, I've never drank anything but water at a club.. the music is why I go, not the alcohol. So from a personal standpoint, it bothers me that so many clubs are indeed 21+, or that 18-20 causes such a problem. Yet at the same time I also understand why the clubs do this. So frustrating. When it comes to parties sans alcohol focused more on the music.. 3 people tend to show up. Woo.

Although I will add this: since driving pedicabs, I've seen 3 potential fights. One was a fight in action, one was the aftermath of a fight, and one was an hour-long tirade of people trying to prevent a fight. The first was right at the BOB, the second at Bar Divani's front door, and the last right around McFadden's.

Adios!

When you have a run-down bar that is set up to attract young and 'rough' crowds and then fill it with psycho/slighty xxxx bouncers. You get what you get. Buh-bye!

Someone take some pictures of this place. It's filthy inside, outside, sidewalk. It used to be a nice building.

Adios!

When you have a run-down bar that is set up to attract young and 'rough' crowds and then fill it with psycho/slighty xxxx bouncers. You get what you get. Buh-bye!

Someone take some pictures of this place. It's filthy inside, outside, sidewalk. It used to be a nice building.

I'm sure the beating death has played a role in this resolution. I read over the incidents, and although I think it's ridiculous to mix minors and alcohol in a club, I would like to see information concerning the amount of police reports concerning the other major nightclubs before I come to my personal opinion.

Perhaps Margarita Grill should stop this Wall to Wall Wednesday though.

I doubt this are all inclusive, but the strip club folks provided these numbers to me the year before last while they were working on their lawsuit against the city. It is for the year prior and does provide a standard for comparision with the M Grill. I think the Brickhouse was actually shut down last year for violence and such, so I'm thinking it's probably not quantity of calls as much as quality:

Konkles Bar, 62 calls to police for crimes up to attempted murder;

Montes, 46 calls

Brickhouse Sports Bar, 21

Parkway Tropics, 18,

Sensations club, 14

And the monkeys don't throw their feces around either! :shok:

Later MG...let's all hope for a tea garden to replace it. The warmth wafting off the steam plant will provide a nice warm oasis for Victorian era hats and white gloves...granted the sandwiches are tiny, but it's very civilized.

Archived