Williams Mullen Center

Shakman

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I hope that they still plan to spell out "Williams Mullen" in big block letters on the east side of the building. I think that it would look really sharp and make it more downtown and less office park. I see on the west side of the building some brackets in place for a sign there.

see post #33 on page 2 for the rendering that shows the name along the top of the building.

Are we talking like..hot pink and violet or muted shades? Maybe they're some sweet new LED lights that we haven't seen before that give off those pinkish/purplish/bluish hues?

Let's just say that I thought Velvet had decided to relocate for a minute.

It's something one would expect at the TriBeCa Grand or some other hip building in NY.

I would bet anything we'll see a PotBelly in there from what I've read (and putting a little 2+2 together).

POTBELLY is an upscale sandwich shop chain based out-of-state that has announced plans to expand into the Richmond market. There are a few of them in NOVA.

Although there are plenty of restaurants in the nearby Slip, the filling of vacant space in Riverfront Plaza and occupancy of Wms Mullen should create a need for additional lunchtime food options.

Meanwhile, Richmond is unique among cities of similar size in having a considerable number of downtown food wagon vendors who operate seasonally from spring to fall.

POTBELLY is an upscale sandwich shop chain based out-of-state that has announced plans to expand into the Richmond market. There are a few of them in NOVA.

Although there are plenty of restaurants in the nearby Slip, the filling of vacant space in Riverfront Plaza and occupancy of Wms Mullen should create a need for additional lunchtime food options.

Meanwhile, Richmond is unique among cities of similar size in having a considerable number of downtown food wagon vendors who operate seasonally from spring to fall.

I certainly wouldn't call PotBelly "upscale." They have like 6 sandwiches and nothing is more than $6.00 if I recall correctly from my time in D.C.

You want upscale -- check out Urban Farmhouse which opened on the Slip TODAY!!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

100_7737.jpg

The three bars at the top of the building on the north and east (shown above in Cam's pic)were changing colors last night! At one point they were all blue, then switched to red in the first gap, white in the middle, and blue in the third. Pretty cool looking, hope they add more colors! We'll see if it lasts at that.

All three open sections on the east side are purple/blue right now. Saw the center section those colors last night. The up-lights between ground- and second-floors were the same color a few weeks back. Hope this is a permanent thing. I love the colors and would like to see other buildings jazz things up, too!

• 1 month later...

Archived