Amway Center

bic

ArenaSpire.jpg

Arena Spire as seen from above I-4.

Aerial.jpg

The garage u/c to the South of the Arena (left hand corner). The square shaped section on the facade will be the jumbotron.

If I ruled the world...I vote new EA Tiburon headquarter tower on the block due west of the arena, and the next naming sponsorship of the arena = EA Sports Arena. Or events center...whatever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks -- it's shaping up to be a bit boxy but overall it's a pass!

Also, I wonder why they didn't extend the glass curtain wall to the Eastern facade which overlooks downtown Orlando - I imagine that would have been a dramatic display from the interior, where a restaurant/bar or something else could have been incorporated.

Edited by prahaboheme

• 2 weeks later...

Also, I wonder why they didn't extend the glass curtain wall to the Eastern facade which overlooks downtown Orlando - I imagine that would have been a dramatic display from the interior, where a restaurant/bar or something else could have been incorporated.

While I'm glad this has become a reality, the feeling I get when I pass by this on I-4 is pretty stark. I agree with Praha in that the eastern facade should have been more dramatic.

• 3 weeks later...

Two reasons. 1 - They were worried about the reflection of the sun and I-4. 2- and more importantly, it would have made the place warmer, thus cost more to keep cool. One of the seeling points was making sure the building was energy effiecint. In Florida, mid summer with the sun beating on it...that would be near impossible.

Edited by Magicfan95

Anyone have any predictions about Church Street after the arena opening? Will it regain it's former glory?

It definitely will thrive as a result of the new arena down the street and the commuter rail station opening up in a couple of years. Quick food spots and a couple of sports bars seem like obvious establishments that should open up. Street performers and food carts should thrive on game nights if the city allows them.