SREE Springhill Suites Hotel and Center City Green

uptownliving

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DMann said:

I seem to remember that as well

After looking at pictures of the construction... I don't think it could support a large tower. Also, Theres no sign of where you'd put a lobby, elevators, etc. Usually there'd be some sort of pad too. Portman was built on top of Westins Parking deck, but did you see them built it? They basically deconstructed the deck, and rebuilt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I walked by this building a few times last weekend. Agree, it's better appreciated when you walk by. I don't think this one gets enough credit. It really compliments the arena and area around it well. Very sleek, yet simple design. Hopefully that means some retail finally gets put in the Green parking deck next to it.

20 minutes ago, HopHead said:

I walked by this building a few times last weekend. Agree, it's better appreciated when you walk by. I don't think this one gets enough credit. It really compliments the arena and area around it well. Very sleek, yet simple design. Hopefully that means some retail finally gets put in the Green parking deck next to it.

This is the truth, there needs to be another bar/restaurant right around the arena for Hornets or arena event pregames outside of the epicenter. Fitzgeralds, Queen City Q, and Brixx are getting way too crowded.  

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not writing this to be contrary, and I may be the only one who feels this way, but I do not like the design of this building very much at all. It looks very 1990s to my untrained eye. I like the idea of it and I like how they squeezed it into a small space. But, those maroon panels and the completely flat wall facing the light rail line are just unattractive to me. Even the white box attached to the side of the building facing 5th St. (I think it's 5th) didn't translate all that well from the plans.

I guess all this boils down to opinion and I can accept that mine is just wrong...but, am I the only one who doesn't love the look of this?

i agree about the maroon, should have made it a color to match the glass. Hopefully they have plans for grass, bushes or trees because i drove by today and its all concrete/asphalt from the arena doors, across a 4lane road, across trolley tracks,  to the front door of the hotel, 

I do like the addition to the area though, Hopefully it will help  fill the restaurant space next door in the parking garage

Archived