Baton Rouge Coffee House

dan326

I think they are having a tough time. I never really see many of those stores with patrons in them. Maybe they need an anchor on the east side of PR, there's nothing to attract people to the other side where more retail is.

Not sure how you can gauge when you live in Houston.

The stores are doing fine. Some better than others.

I lived in Baton Rouge for years, I have credibility to say I THINK they aren't doing well. I watched Perkins Rowe build and the stores open, lose business, and move out, I've also seen new businesses move in. You constantly say I don't have credibility to post on things about Baton Rouge because I live in Houston. You act like I grew up in Houston and visit Baton Rouge once a year. Can we have a discussion without you belittling me about where I live for once?! Got damn.

Edited by Antrell Williams
  • Like 2

Prelevant? lol

Listen, I'm not going to argue about how childish you're acting in this thread.

FACT: you live in Houston

FACT: you were basing a developments success because you visited PR while you were in town.

FACT: I said I don't think it's fair for someone from another state to say a development is failing because he doesn't live here (which is a fact).

FACT: one of us is freaking out in this thread.

It's obvious I live in Houston. It's obvious I know enough about Perkins Rowe, you haven't provided any information about how you know they are doing well, and as you normally act in this board, you still won't provide information after you read this sentence. Your labeling your opinion as fact, which is insanely incorrect. I grew up in the city but I never said Perkins Rowe was failing, I said I don't think retail is doing well. Visited while I was in town? Did you skip half of my post, I watched it from the ground up for Pete's sake! I watched The Mall of La and Perkins Rowe get built! You are an ignorant word twisting perfectionist, congrats.

• Like 2

No, what I stated was facts. I also know the manager of a store and a restaurant at PR. Last time I heard from them they said business was slower on weekdays but was fine/average on weekends.

Again, all I did was point out that a person who lives in another state most likely doesn't know the economic stability of Perkins Rowe. I was right.

I see no reason why you want to make a scene or what you have to gain from it. Are you this dramatic and confrontational in the HOUSTON forum?

Agree to disagree I guess.

I watched it from the ground up for Pete's sake! I watched The Mall of La and Perkins Rowe get built! You are an ignorant word twisting perfectionist, congrats.

this discussion has nothing to do with the Mall of LA so why you bring that property up is beyond me.

I also at NO time have I called you names like a 4 yr old throwing a tantrum.

That behavior has no place here.

So you couldn't provide that information earlier in the thread? No, you told me I didn't know what I was talking about, like I made a statement about the businesses. I clearly expressed my opinion on these businesses and you began with your usual remarks. I don't post in any other forum on this website, and I wouldn't get this excited because you, hopefully, wouldn't post there too to say I don't know what I'm talking about because I just moved to Houston. Read your third "fact," now are you sure that is a fact? If so, the education system horribly failed you. I'm not making a scene, just not taking you and your attitude any longer. If you want to agree to disagree, go right ahead. You are clearly an ignorant person, I have learned that reading your posts, I'm not name-calling, I'm stating the obvious. David Duke was racist right? Now is that name calling or just the truth?

• Like 2

Just found out that "Sprawling From Grace: The Consequences of Suburbanization" will air on CNBC April 20. I'll definitely be recording this as it's been on my list of films to see for some time.

Here's a link to the press release.

Anyone seen this already?

It's one of my favorite documentaries, it can also be found on NetFlixs. thumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...

"Cortana Mall under new management

A real estate firm based in Fort Worth, Texas, has been brought in to handle the management of Cortana Mall, a move that local real estate insiders say could lead to an upcoming sale of the shopping center. The Woodmont Company has been handling management and leasing of Cortana since Feb 1. Mall Properties, which owns Cortana, sold the shopping center back to a group of lenders. The lenders brought in Woodmont, says Fred Meno, president and chief operating officer of asset services for the company. Meno says he is working to "add value" to Cortana and plans on meeting with potential new tenants at the International Conference of Shopping Centers in Las Vegas next month. "Our marching orders are to increase occupancy," says Meno. "We're looking for tenants who draw traffic and bring in people who want to shop in other tenants." Johnathan Walker, a commercial real estate agent with Maestri-Murrell, speculated during a presentation on the local retail real estate market at today's Trends in Real Estate seminar that Woodmont wants to lease out some space, then put Cortana up for sale. But Meno says that's not the case. "There is no discussion of selling the mall right now," he says. "The new owners want to lease to businesses that give the mall a better chance to compete." Meno says he's spoken with the anchor tenants of Cortana and there are no plans for Dillard's, JCPenney or Sears to close. Dillard's is converting its Cortana location into a clearance center, having earlier devoted the second floor of the department store to discounts."

businessreport.com

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who is getting a little scared with the river flooding situation? It's predicted to crest on May 21 in Baton Rouge.

47.5 feet in Baton Rouge would be worse than 1927 and 1973. We could have a major disaster about to unfold...especially for the Morgan City area.

It's catching my attention...it's INSANE how much rain has been falling (still) to the north...we could use some of that rain down here; it was a dry April....Buckett posted some cool pics in the River Park thread with the elevation...in 08' it got to about 43.0'ft...

I've been worried as well, Cajun. My best friend works for the Corp of Engineers in NOLA. He frequently forwards me their unclassified emails about the river. The emails are optimistic but there is definitely a sense of urgency in their tone. This is going to be a close one..... On a plus side though, if the levee breaches, maybe it will teach people to stop building slab on grade houses in a flood plain. Its okay to live in a flood plain, as long as your house is elevated appropriately.