Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Wow, what a fantastic shot!

Thanks.

Yes, it's true. Nights with a low cloud deck, but not low enough to obscure building tops, are some of the best shooting opportunities. Especially in this one one, with an exposure time of 5 seconds, it blurs the quickly moving clouds above and makes for a nice effect.

I apologize the shot does not appear sharper. These sites tend to make photographs kind of soft. The original is much sharper than it appears here.

Edited by JayGee

Did you use a tripod for that incredible shot?

Yes, with an exposure time of 5 seconds, that's mandatory. But even with that, it was pretty breezy, enough to shake my camera/tripod a bit, many of the shots I did were unusable. There must be no movement at all on an exposure that long.

Some super-size panoramics from the Food Lion Auto Fair at Lowe's Motor Speedway today.

Nice. I noticed they have removed a large section of of the stands (the one along Morehead Rd.) and are redoing the foundation (added a retaining wall so far). Anybody know what their plans are?

Nice. I noticed they have removed a large section of of the stands (the one along Morehead Rd.) and are redoing the foundation (added a retaining wall so far). Anybody know what their plans are?

I was going to post this in the "Concord in the midst of major changes?" thread a little while back, but totally forgot. They're putting in "luxury RV parking" at the site of the old South Grandstand, where people can park their RV for the weekend and watch the race from their parking stall. There's supposed to be 15-20 of these spots (last I saw was that it'd likely be 18).

Some super-size panoramics from the Food Lion Auto Fair at Lowe's Motor Speedway today.

infield_from_track.jpg

infield_from_grandstand.jpg

Thanks for posting these. I've gone to this event several times, but completely missed that it was in town this time. I will say that it does look a lot smaller than in years past. Maybe it's the economy.