Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Great shots. Morehead and Stonewall really starting to help with that linear situation.  Scrolling further with med school, Pappas, and the controversial "it's not a park" tower at the Met. Nice spine developing to the SE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJ8hep said:

Great photos @cityboi! Definitely giving Charlotte big city vibes!

Here are a few I took from Independence Park yesterday!

IMG_7574.jpeg

IMG_7577.jpeg

IMG_7575.jpeg

IMG_7572.jpeg

Those are great! Its actually a great day to get out and take some photos Its amazing how tall and dense Charlotte's skyline is from above! A lot has changed since my UNC Charlotte days back in the lake 90s. Charlotte probably has the 3rd best skyline in the Southeast after Miami and Atlanta and quite frankly over the next 10 years it will be better than Atlanta. Just imagine more towers going up in Southend all the way to uptown. There is also potential for Charlotte's skyline to expand east in uptown. As far as outside of upown, what do you think the potential is of a South Park skyline like Buckhead in Atlanta?

Edited by cityboi
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, cityboi said:

Those are great! Its actually a great day to get out and take some photos Its amazing how tall and dense Charlotte's skyline is from above! A lot has changed since my UNC Charlotte days back in the lake 90s. Charlotte probably has the 3rd best skyline in the Southeast after Miami and Atlanta and quite frankly over the next 10 years it will be better than Atlanta. Just imagine more towers going up in Southend all the way to uptown. There is also potential for Charlotte's skyline to expand east in uptown. As far as outside of upown, what do you think the potential is of a South Park skyline like Buckhead in Atlanta?

I don't think Southpark will develop much of a skyline, as many single-family homes in the area would block any attempts at building tall towers.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cityboi said:

I dont think Southpark will get much taller than it is today.  Tallest is only 14 stories and I dont see anything on the horizon taller than that.  Several 10 story buildings in the works and maybe something a little higher but nothing like 20-30-40 story towers or more like Buckhead.  However Ballantyne has a 26 story apartment tower so you might see others in that range out there.  

1 minute ago, Norm2 said:

I don't think Southpark will develop much of a skyline, as many single-family homes in the area would block any attempts at building tall towers.

we were typing at the same time dittos to your comment.  

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

From the KJ vault.  Photos I took in May 1990 34 years ago.  Notice I loved taking photos from I-77 and I-277 John Belk and still do! 

Let's see who can guess the tower under construction?   I had to really think about it and finally cheated and looked it up thinking it was something else.   Many many towers missing!  

20240610_221152.jpg

20240610_221214.jpg

20240610_221231.jpg

BOA HQ

• Like 1