Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

Every time that I’ve been to Charlotte recently, the fountain in Polk Park has been dry.  Has the city turned it off due to homeless people bathing in it?  Houston and Denver have turned off fountains for that reason.

I’ve always loved this little plaza.

photo from charlottesgotalot.com

image.jpeg.d50a33e4d26f973b54e77d6f2ae9b7c9.jpeg  

Edited by SydneycartonII
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MothBeast said:

The park is being redesigned to accommodate more flexible space for vendors/booths/activation 

Did they get funding for design work? I remember they had a public survey years ago about ways to use that space. I didn't think anything was happening yet, even at a design level. 

Deleted my post in miscellaneous but I wrote that I walked by the park today and there was a crew finally doing a deep clean…blowing leaves debris and pressure washing. Not sure if this is in preparation for the redesign or just putting water back in it. Either way, it needed this cleaning bc it was looking pretty rough recently. Really happy to hear about the redesign and making it have flexible space. As nice as Polk park is/was when maintained, it just hasn’t really been that inviting lately. To be in such a prominent location at the square, there’s def opportunities to engage ppl better. Something unique could be a permanent cargo container village with food vendors and stuff like a smaller scale of what they did in the lot across from ducksworth. Another idea I had was something like B tower overlooking the square would be awesome. But flexible space to allow food trucks and vendors would be easier and would be a quick win. With the edition of independence tower retail frontage too, should really help out the area as well. 

• Like 4