Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

15 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I agree. Although you've reminded me of the wonderful structures I frequently forget about that I believe could have been integrated into the park very easily, and to great effect. Let's pour one out for those that have returned to the dirt...

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 9.28.18 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 9.28.48 PM.png

I hated seeing those buildings come down. They could have easily been worked into the park design. It was a missed opportunity. 

• Like 3

I'm tired of Stock illustration options for Charlotte's skyline, so I started working on one to use/sell, and I have to say I have an new admiration for Interstate Tower, it'd be easily the best tower in tons of places. Heres the progress so far. 

image.thumb.png.5a98e87e36cc8cbb4b9200d1784418de.png

4 minutes ago, QCxpat said:

Close - The Interstate Tower at 121 West Trade Street is 462 ft./140.8 m. tall and 32 stories.  Including Legacy Union 1 (still under construction) the Interstate Tower is Charlotte's 11th tallest building. 

There is only one building in Raleigh that is taller than Charlotte's Interstate Tower - the PNC Plaza building which is 538 ft./164 m. tall and 32 stories.   Images of both buildings below.

Image of PNC Plaza in Raleigh - Tallest building in North Carolina outside of Charlotte

Image result for image of PNC Plaza in Raleigh

Image of Interstate Tower in Charlotte - 11th tallest building in the Queen City

Image result for image of Interstate Tower in Charlotte

image.thumb.png.a59235bb351f1b6ab617c90abd1ad7a7.png

They are pretty comparable, despite the christmas tree on top of PNC.