Charlotte Photo of the Day

cltheel.sdl

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Skyhouse North had only 1 elevator working for the past week... Not a good look for a pretty new building.

2 hours ago, Matthew.Brendan said:

SkyHouse seems to be under utilized. 

They are rental units but not (currently) being rented (to capacity). 

I’d buy a few units but surely am not renting them.  

Yeah it's been a bit rough. I can say that up until a couple months ago Skyhouse was on track to become "stable" (in the industry sense) by September. But going up for sale seems to have put pressure on how lease terms are enforced (re: AirBnB).

Regardless of my own feelings on AirBnB'ing, there is not one rental community in this region (or any like it) that don't prohibit AirBnB in their lease terms. So there's nothing abnormal about it. Also it tends to cause resentment on the resident level since AirBnB guests have no stake in the community. Plus, not knowing who your neighbor is can be frustrating for some.

Also, the word I heard is that Skyhouse's elevators are supposedly an "energy efficient" model. They apparently are not designed for the doors to be re-opened while closing when you wave your hand in front of it (you know, the standard thing elevators do?), which is why they beep loudly at you if you do it more than once... supposedly this has caused all of the elevator issues in both buildings from messing up the "very sensitive" sensors. Has anyone ever heard of such an elevator issue?

Edited by SgtCampsalot

^Wow, that tiled roof is awesome, never knew that was there either.  I thought the Trust building had a rooftop access to a  hangout spot up there?  It looks completely bare up there now and considering the buildings tenants, I would think that rooftop would be pretty nice.  Chima is one of my favorite restaurants too btw lol. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, hinsp0 said:

Bojangles coliseum (really independence arena) hasn’t looked that awesome since WCW Monday Nitro in 1996!  Please note that this post is not a political commentary and is no way meant to debase your pictorial contribution.  Just brings back memories of 1996 and waiting for Sting to descend from the rafters with his baseball bat and trench coat.

This event was a lot closer to professional wrestling or some other sporting event/concert than a political rally. The air was electric and everyone was extremely upbeat and excited. Chants, cheers, singing, and sign waving.

• Like 1