Mississippi Sports

tombarnes

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah Tom, you have done a great job keeping the Mississippi thread going so long. :thumbsup:

According to Rivals.com(2006) the state of Mississippi has the most NFL players "per capita" in the U.S. That is quite a statement to be made! That's not even including the greats from awhile back, NFL's All-Time leading reciever Jerry Rice and 2nd All Time leading rusher Walter Payton.

• 2 weeks later...

^^Don't forget the Mannings! ;)

Anyways, most of you have probably already seen this, but for those that haven't, I give you...

Mississippi Braves manager Phil Wellman goes nuts

Enjoy!

I love the commando style crawl to the mound and the rosin bag being thrown like a grenade.

Wow. That probably doesn't play well these days in any league. I'm sure that won't hurt him too much, however. Publicity, however ill-deserved, is valued above all else these days. I wonder if there will be any consequences at all?

Wow. That probably doesn't play well these days in any league. I'm sure that won't hurt him too much, however. Publicity, however ill-deserved, is valued above all else these days. I wonder if there will be any consequences at all?

Thanks for that clip IC :thumbsup: I had seen this before, that dude is just plain crazy.

I know Archie, Cooper, and Eli Manning played at Ole Miss. But they are New Orleans natives, so I did not include them. The Rivals.com "Highest per Capita" in the NFL was refering players that played ball in Mississippi in High School :thumbsup:

Good to see the Mississippi Sports Forum more active! Thanks yall.

Thanks for that clip IC :thumbsup: I had seen this before, that dude is just plain crazy.

I know Archie, Cooper, and Eli Manning played at Ole Miss. But they are New Orleans natives, so I did not include them. The Rivals.com "Highest per Capita" in the NFL was refering players that played ball in Mississippi in High School :thumbsup:

Good to see the Mississippi Sports Forum more active! Thanks yall.

fyi, the Memphis RiverKings are consulting fans to possibly change the name of the team. The options are: keep Memphis RiverKings, Southaven RiverKings, Mid-South RiverKings, or Mississippi RiverKings. You can vote for the name on their website, which i don't think i can promote here but you can google it.

• 3 months later...

Deuce McAllister Out for Season

An injury on the playing field yesterday has left Deuce McAllister with torn ligaments, almost surely placing him out of commission for the rest of the season. As much as Deuce has done for Jackson, I'd hate to see his career cut short. I hope for a quick recovery.

The Clarion-Ledger

• 10 months later...

McAllister Makes McPaper....

Deuce McAllister received a nice piece in USAToday recently which highlitghts his career and his recent travails. McAllister was gravely injured last year while playing and has since recovered well enough to play again. Deuce is more than just another football hero. He has given much back to his native state, opening several car dealerships and serving as an active partner in the redevelopment of the King Edward Hotel. His next big project is his involvement with the redevelopment of Jackson's Farish Street entertainment district with David Watkins and others. I wish more sports stars would follow his lead. Truly an example for others....

USA Today

Archived