IN PROGRESS: Blue Cross Headquarters

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two other interesting quotes about the purchaser of the LaSalle Square buildings:

In late April, BCBSRI sold its two downtown buildings – 15 LaSalle Square and One Empire Plaza – to a Boston investor who plans to lease the ground floor at both locations as retail space. There is no retail at those locations at this time...

Park notes that 15 LaSalle Square – across from the Dunkin’ Donuts Center-Providence – would be an especially attractive location for restaurants and shops.

Two other interesting quotes about the purchaser of the LaSalle Square buildings:

Imagine, a non-Buff Chase Providence building owner wanting to actually generate interest and foot traffic at their building... Amazing! I'm stunned more people haven't wanted to take advantage of the DD and Convention Center traffic... This is currently kind of a dead space downtown that could really change...

If Empire at Broadway ever happens, with its planned retail, LaSalle could become a truely great square.

There has been some work going on at the LaSalle Square building, replacing some of the facade stone at the entrance. I've never been in the building, but have always thought it'd make a good location for a medium box store like Barnes and Noble. Probably pre-sale punch list work.

Also, I truly wonder how the mall feels about Dave & Busters. As an adult with a job and credit cards I eschew the mall like the plague because of the movie theatre/D&B creatures swarming the place on weekends. Wouldn't Dave & Busters make sense outside the Dunk in the "Entertainment District" as I like to call the LaSalle/Empire area?

Oh PS: Facade panels are up on the Waterplace side of the new building.

• 2 weeks later...

One La Salle Square would be a great location of the new Players Corner Pub. Right across the street from the Dunk. And with outdoor seating just in time for the NCAA first round in March 2010. Or something close to that. There could also be a team store similar to the one that used to be in the lobby of the Dunk.

Archived