IN PROGRESS: Blue Cross Headquarters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My kingdom for a picture of the tower crane when assembled! This will be a nice symbol of prosperity for the next two years over downtown. And together with VDT, Sierra Hotel, Hampton Inn, Four Points Sheraton and Dynamo House it might look like business is boomiing in Providence despite a recession. And if E@B and parcel 12 ever get going then we will really be looking good.

My kingdom for a picture of the tower crane when assembled! This will be a nice symbol of prosperity for the next two years over downtown. And together with VDT, Sierra Hotel, Hampton Inn, Four Points Sheraton and Dynamo House it might look like business is boomiing in Providence despite a recession. And if E@B and parcel 12 ever get going then we will really be looking good.

It will be interesting to see how much of a blue light emits from this building at night. In the rendereing, it looks as if there will be quite a bit of a blue shade especially at night.

Since it will be the new home of Blue Cross I guess that makes sense.

This will be a color we really don't have now on the skyline although the G-tech building does have some blue.

Is there anyway the city could ask the owners of 50 Kennedy Plaza and 40 Westminster to illuminate their buildings. As it is now these are invisible after sunset.

It will be interesting to see how much of a blue light emits from this building at night. In the rendereing, it looks as if there will be quite a bit of a blue shade especially at night.

Since it will be the new home of Blue Cross I guess that makes sense.

This will be a color we really don't have now on the skyline although the G-tech building does have some blue.

Is there anyway the city could ask the owners of 50 Kennedy Plaza and 40 Westminster to illuminate their buildings. As it is now these are invisible after sunset.

Back to the topv on hand...the crane that was on site earlier this week did erect steel beams for what apparently will be the new BCBS building. The steel is installed in the middle of the deck and goes up 1-2 floors. There is no other steel lying on the ground, the crane is now gone and I did not see any base setting for a tower crane. Another note is that the street has been thinned by jersy barriers for the construction site. (Sorry, no pictures). Stay tuned!

Back to the topv on hand...the crane that was on site earlier this week did erect steel beams for what apparently will be the new BCBS building. The steel is installed in the middle of the deck and goes up 1-2 floors. There is no other steel lying on the ground, the crane is now gone and I did not see any base setting for a tower crane. Another note is that the street has been thinned by jersy barriers for the construction site. (Sorry, no pictures). Stay tuned!

I walked by last week and they were working on the corner of the existing deck, actually doing some demo. Looked like they were making slots for new beams to build the lobby area. Nothing was terribly photogenic so I didn't bother to take a photo (and it was about 2 degrees so I didn't want to stand around long).

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry for the previous errant post. Anyway, yes, there is a crane at the BCBS site but its a crane that is assembling the tower crane. The crane has been there since at least Wednesday. The tower crane is being erected in the center of the new building. I would thing the tower crane should be fully assembled by the end of this week.

Archived