IN PROGRESS: Blue Cross Headquarters

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did anyohe else read this editorial and wonder who wrote this? I think it was D. B. The "turkeys a snoot" referenece gives it away. I think this building also will piss off the gov. and will soon block his view.

As a BCBS member I am not sure I like the idea of them getting tax breaks to build their new headquarters. But I am in favor of new tall buildings downtown and the modern design seems to fit what is there already.

Now on to the remaining open parcels in capital center.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The new BCBS building is going up fast. At this rate the topping off maybe by the end of the summer. With this site, the Hampton Inn crane and Capital Cove there is a construction boom going on downtown. This in addtion to the Women and Infants hospital, Dynamo House, Sierra Hotel site work and completion of the Dunkin Doughnuts Center renovation this summer, things will continue to be busy in the capital city.

The new BCBS building is going up fast. At this rate the topping off maybe by the end of the summer. With this site, the Hampton Inn crane and Capital Cove there is a construction boom going on downtown. This in addtion to the Women and Infants hospital, Dynamo House, Sierra Hotel site work and completion of the Dunkin Doughnuts Center renovation this summer, things will continue to be busy in the capital city.

• 4 weeks later...

Having not been in Providence for a few months, it is astounding to see new streetscapes that never existed before. Even if the urbanism isn't perfect (and I don't think it is there, by any stretch) it is pretty cool to see something spring up out of nowhere.

Having not been in Providence for a few months, it is astounding to see new streetscapes that never existed before. Even if the urbanism isn't perfect (and I don't think it is there, by any stretch) it is pretty cool to see something spring up out of nowhere.

Archived