Ally Charlotte Center (f/k/a Tryon Place) - 26 floors - 427'

Bled_man

That is one CLASSY looking rendering!!

I hope an announcement is forthcoming. Later today suits me fine.

I also wonder if this had anything to do with the postponing of One Charlotte, which I would venture to say would be as good as dead if this Trump project goes through. If any city could pull off getting both projects, it's Charlotte.

That is one CLASSY looking rendering!!

I hope an announcement is forthcoming. Later today suits me fine.

I also wonder if this had anything to do with the postponing of One Charlotte, which I would venture to say would be as good as dead if this Trump project goes through. If any city could pull off getting both projects, it's Charlotte.

Read the thread by norm in the stonewall thread. He said the saw a rendering of another tower....

Well, it's not bad! Not bad...

Yes, I know: you people are probably end up hating me. After the new Wachovia tower, the new BofA tower, now comes a preview of the Trump Tower and even if this is a nice building, I'm not very impressed. I think I was simply expecting too much: a very "modern-21stcentury-asianlooking" building, with an amazing crown. So yes, the building is nice, but it doesn't look extremely revolutionary for me. Looks like it could have been built in the 90ties. I think I'll stay a fan of the BofA tower! :P If this Trump tower ends up being the new tallest, I'll be a bit disappointed.

But well, this is just a preview image, so I'm waiting forward for more renderings that will give us a better idea of the building (can't wait for some renderings showing us the color of the glass during the day, and also a rendering showing the building in the skyline). And by the look of the building's shape, I have that feeling it will look different depending on what angle we see it, which is very good: I almost want to say "give us a little video with a 3D model of it!". ^_^ From what I remember, the Trump Tower was supposed to be made of two towers. And I may be wrong, but here I see four towers! :thumbsup: And I may also be dreaming, but on top of the second taller tower, inside the glass "crown"...Do those shadows I see look like trees? Just think about some kind of garden on top of that tower, opened to public, to admire the rest of the skyline from up there.

Now the only thing that really bothers me is the base of the building (mostly that huge brown block). But I guess it's mostly a preview, so I still have faith. Right now it doesn't seem very pedestrian friendly. Since the tower was supposed to bring a lot of retail, one of the things I'm really looking forward is the interaction of that retail at street level: IMO it has to be one of the key elements of that tower. If that brown block ends up being a retail center with a good street-interaction, then I'll be happy with that building!

Apart from that, kudos to Charlotte! :)

Great looking building! It is totally different than most other buildings in Charlotte and I think it's going to look great in the skyline.

Also, just thinking out loud, but I wonder is the brown base underneath the taller tower is the shopping center we heard about earlier in this thread?

Edited by Bled_man

Also, just thinking out loud, but I wonder is the brown base underneath the taller tower is the shopping center we heard about earlier in this thread?

Certainly this is just an artists concept who has been paid by the Trump Org drawing off of some blue prints and schematics, but definitly there was at least rumor and somewhat-confirmation by Trump that there would be some high end retail incorporated into this project, as well as condos, hotel, and office.

I took the rendering as 2 buildings, where the two larger portions are actually connected, and the two smaller portions are again connected but have two sizes in roofs. You can seee the very far left side is in fact one wall, where half of the wall ends its height earlier. Who knows though :dontknow: . I think it was reported though earlier that the project would be two towers...

Wow... I bet this just became the most active thread on UP. LOL... This rendering is VERY impressive. I think someone else pointed it out, but this is very Chicago-esqe. It would give a whole new look to the Charlotte skyline. Wow. First the Bobcats are hiring Larry Brown, now this... The day has started off good!

Cuz it really doesn't exist. It's being parked via parkwebwin-v01.prod.mesa1.secureserver.net. GoDaddy is holding the registration info. This could change anytime of course, but there is not an active website online at the moment.

Looks as if there has been some change to the domain information as it is now owned by trumporg.com. However in going to trumporg.com and looking at "Property Portifolio" -> "Future Developments", Charlotte is not listed amongst the cities where he lists new projects. Maybe this is an advertising campaign to judge interest in such a project.

That is my thought as well..but if they want to judge interest they better get their website up and running pronto. Otherwise interest in the project will drop very fast.

Something doesn't seem right about this. I can't imagine anyone spending the money it would take to get a page in the Wachovia Championship Program (I'm not implying it's an enormous fee, just that it must cost something) to advertise a new building (or product, service, etc) and refer to a website that isn't working.

That just doesn't make sense???

Something doesn't seem right about this. I can't imagine anyone spending the money it would take to get a page in the Wachovia Championship Program (I'm not implying it's an enormous fee, just that it must cost something) to advertise a new building (or product, service, etc) and refer to a website that isn't working.

Doesn't the program hit the shelves, so the speak, on Thursday? Unless it's available during the practice rounds, I think they have until Thursday before they're caught with their pants down.

The developer of the Signature Tower (72 floors) in Nashville has been doing this for over 2 years and even built a model to look at, but at this point there are no announced groundbreaking dates, no engineering company, no financing announced, no building permits pulled. He can't get enough commitments for units to secure financing.

Yeah, I'd tamper my enthusiasm for this one until we know more.

However, unlike Tony G. in Nashville, the Trump organization has the money and experience to actually get this project completed. I think it's all about the component mix and the timing of the announcement. With everything else slowing down, Trump could wind up being the only product coming to market in four years as things begin to heat back up. It might be a very smart, calculated move.

Of course, it could also be a marketing push to judge just how much demand Charlotte has as well.

However, unlike Tony G. in Nashville, the Trump organization has the money and experience to actually get this project completed. I think it's all about the component mix and the timing of the announcement. With everything else slowing down, Trump could wind up being the only product coming to market in four years as things begin to heat back up. It might be a very smart, calculated move.

Of course, it could also be a marketing push to judge just how much demand Charlotte has as well.

I'd vote for the latter. It's amazing how he keeps popping up around the Wachovia. I guess it is a testiment to the Wachovia being one of the only real avenues to hit the upper crust market for Charlotte on a national scale. A one page ad in the program is peanuts given the marketing budget this project would have. No better time for him to decide whether he wants to play the upset bid game.

I agree that there's no comparison between Tony G's experience vs. Trump's.

I will, however, keep my enthusiasm through this week, when we'll know if any definite announcement is made. The retail component would be a perfect bookend for the Brevard Street corridor. Maybe not the "magnificent mile," but at least a "fantastic four or five blocks".

The retail component would be a perfect bookend for the Brevard Street corridor. Maybe not the "magnificent mile," but at least a "fantastic four or five blocks".

Isn't the Trump project located in the Tryon / Stonewall / College / Hill street block? Just across Stonewall from the AACC piece of the Wachovia complex. It's a block east of Brevard.