Norfolk Nightlife

soloextreme

What's this? More good news? It is!

Norfolk planners OK new permit for Granby Theater

"The Granby Theater took a giant step toward reopening this afternoon when the Planning Commission voted unanimously, and without debate, to give the downtown nightspot a permit to resume operations."

There is a caveat though - the article refers to reduced hours and occupancy.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's this? More good news? It is!

Norfolk planners OK new permit for Granby Theater

"The Granby Theater took a giant step toward reopening this afternoon when the Planning Commission voted unanimously, and without debate, to give the downtown nightspot a permit to resume operations."

There is a caveat though - the article refers to reduced hours and occupancy.

People shoot people guns don't (hide comment)

I sat my gun on my desk and said to it...shoot now! It just sat there. I swore it looked at me like I had three heads. I then put on some hip hop music hoping it would react but it did not. I tried heavy metal, classic rock and even Mozart's New World Symphony in C minor and it still just sat there. Huh? I don't understand. Am I missing something?

- Linwood K - Virginia Beach

^^^^This quote had me cracking up. :rofl:

People shoot people guns don't (hide comment)

I sat my gun on my desk and said to it...shoot now! It just sat there. I swore it looked at me like I had three heads. I then put on some hip hop music hoping it would react but it did not. I tried heavy metal, classic rock and even Mozart's New World Symphony in C minor and it still just sat there. Huh? I don't understand. Am I missing something?

- Linwood K - Virginia Beach

^^^^This quote had me cracking up. :rofl:

Club Sevens finally opens

:shades:

WHILE PARTY PEOPLE hold their breath for the return of Granby Theater, the street that seemed to feel lost without it gets a jolt this weekend as the long-awaited Club Sevens opens.

It’s unlike anything else in Hampton Roads, except for the similarly swank-but-youthful Granby Theater, which is expected to re open later this month.

What can people expect to see when it opens Saturday on downtown Norfolk’s Granby Street?

With four floors, the space has a modern but funky feel; there are many hues throughout, walls with varying textures, furniture in all kinds of shapes and rooms with themes and names.

Multi-level clubs – stacked discoth

This sucks a big one. I was planning an event & Granby was our number one locale. The problem is we ARE going to have hip hop. It's a charity dance sponsored by the graduate/alumni chapters of my fraternity in the area. The crowd is to include doctors, lawyers, congressmen, professors and other professionals but now we can't use the venue we wanted. This is hilarious to me. I wonder if the stipulation is as open as no hip hop events?

Archived