Bella Vista incorporates

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'd been meaning to post something about this before the election. Of course this also mean Benton County won't get as many funds now with Bella Vista incorporating. I know Bella Vista will obviously pass up Siloam Springs. But now I'm trying to remember what Bentonville's census numbers are. Is there any chance Bella Vista could come close to it's numbers? Of course I'm probably remembering some older numbers and it won't be close at all.

Yeah I'd been meaning to post something about this before the election. Of course this also mean Benton County won't get as many funds now with Bella Vista incorporating. I know Bella Vista will obviously pass up Siloam Springs. But now I'm trying to remember what Bentonville's census numbers are. Is there any chance Bella Vista could come close to it's numbers? Of course I'm probably remembering some older numbers and it won't be close at all.

A few years ago it might have been close. Bentonville has 29,500 or so now. Since both are growing fast, I don't really see how Bella Vista could ever pass it up. What it could do is aggressively annex and prevent Bentonville from growing as much as it would've otherwise.

Yeah even if Bella Vista is rather close I agree with you it won't stay that way for long. As you said, Bentonville is aggressively expanding while Bella Vista isn't. I also don't think it's growing quite at the same pace as Bentonville either. But I do like Bella Vista's chances of growth compared to Siloam Springs, which is so much further away from the core of the metro.

Mith--Bella Vista has been growing at a faster rate than Bentonville the last couple years. It has gone crazy over there. I understand it is slowing rapidly now in the last 3-5 months, however. They still have a ton of undeveloped land. What has held back Bella Vista is lack of public sewer. I hope the incorporation changes make sewer available there. It will make the lots I own worth a lot more!

official census count was 28,621 for Vendorville

The official count for Bella Vista may not end up being overly impressive because of the smaller size of the actual that is incorporating.

There was talk for a good while about Bentonville annexing Bella Vista. However, it was determined it just wouldn't be worth the investment of upgrading the sewer system, too many needed lift stations, etc.

Now that Bentonville has annexed Lake Bella Vista you may see Bentonville grab up some of Bella Vista's commercial land if its available...

Yeah there was a big fuss after the election because some areas were left out and people weren't happy. Then there were others who didn't consider themselves part of Bella Vista that did end up being incorporated. So Bentonville has annexed Lake Bella Vista? All of it or just part of it?

Bentonville annexed all of Lake Bella Vista. The land was purchased by a group of influential people in the city cocerned with the trail system in Bentonville and turned over to the city. There has been a lot of hold ups with Benton County recognizing the land transfer and the annexation.

I just saw a map of the new Bella Vista city limits. Its somewhat strange but a larger area than I expected. They left out some areas of commercial and potential commercial land that I didn't expect.

Knowing Bentonville's mayor will be changing and that the new mayor is more pro-annexation, I just have a feeling Bentonville will do some land grabbing soon. Especially considering what Bentonville has gone through with all the Centerton issues.

Bentonville annexed all of Lake Bella Vista. The land was purchased by a group of influential people in the city cocerned with the trail system in Bentonville and turned over to the city. There has been a lot of hold ups with Benton County recognizing the land transfer and the annexation.

I just saw a map of the new Bella Vista city limits. Its somewhat strange but a larger area than I expected. They left out some areas of commercial and potential commercial land that I didn't expect.

Knowing Bentonville's mayor will be changing and that the new mayor is more pro-annexation, I just have a feeling Bentonville will do some land grabbing soon. Especially considering what Bentonville has gone through with all the Centerton issues.

• 2 weeks later...
They just put a Walgreen's up there, not to mention the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Jane is literally a mile or two down the road. I wouldn't count on anything for a while. Tontitown however is getting a Neighborhood Market and Centerton and Pea Ridge are both getting Supercenters.

Archived