Historic Congaree Vista Developments

CorgiMatt

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

I don't think anyone has posted about this yet. Sure Fire Tacos, a restaurant based in Kileen, TX, is moving its only location to Columbia. This strikes me as odd, but interesting nonetheless. They are moving into the Salsarita's/TCBY location on Gervais.

http://coladaily.com/2016/03/23/texas-based-sure-fire-tacos-and-tortilla-grill-takes-a-gamble-on-the-vista/

• 3 weeks later...

http://columbiabusinessreport.com/news/57433-four-properties-in-the-heart-of-the-vista-to-go-on-the-market-april-25?rss=0

I hope some developers snatch up these properties soon and develop Mixed Used Retail on Ground floor a garage in between and Apartments on top. especially that huge First Citizen building that land is perfect.

so with that property just think about if a housing developer does build there. how Big is it gonna be how tall its gonna be and how its gonna line up with that and the 2 possible High Rise Apartments planning to be built on both sides of that property. This is looking promising for downtown. another huge Gap filled and Columbia slowly becoming more of a City City.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, krazeeboi said:

How's the Aloft on Lady Street coming along?

Their website says it opens on April 11, 2017 rather than fall 2016 like the original announcement . Wonder if there is any particular reason for the 6 month-ish delay.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, carolinagarnet said:

Maybe I just missed this announcement, but a craft brewing store/bar called The Casual Pint just opened in the DuPre Building on Gervais.

http://www.thestate.com/news/business/article90901822.html

Some friends of mine went today for the opening, and it was totally slammed. I was on the way, and they sent me a text saying to meet at Craft and Draft instead. They said it was very nice, and I'm sure it will be after the hordes of folks looking for the next cool spot, move on to the next place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I guess this is a good place to post this. 

I have from a very reliable source that Target's smaller format, urban-style store and an apple store(!!!) are going to be ground floor retail tenants for the apartments going up at the corner of pendleton and assembly. They won't be set in stone until February but as of right now, everything is 100% a go. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nick2 said:

I guess this is a good place to post this. 

I have from a very reliable source that Target's smaller format, urban-style store and an apple store(!!!) are going to be ground floor retail tenants for the apartments going up at the corner of pendleton and assembly. They won't be set in stone until February but as of right now, everything is 100% a go. 

Oh thank god! I thought they were packing up! This is deff good news. 

4 hours ago, Nick2 said:

Nope the apartments are still happening for sure. Just been some back and forth with the city. Apparently the city of Columbia is the biggest pain to work with.

I thought all of the construction equipment was pulled off site two months ago??? Target and Apple...I highly doubt it.

Edited by gman430

I thought all of the construction equipment was pulled off site two months ago??? Target and Apple...I highly doubt it.

Yes the equipment was packed up but they were going through some permitting processes and other things of that nature since they cleared the land. Before I left for college I know a new peace equipment was bought on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no way. The retail space at that site is way way way too small to house a City Target, much less a City Target AND and Apple Store.

Have they made significant changes to to the project plan to include a lot more retail and less residential on the lower floors? The latest plan approved by the DDRC just doesn't show anywhere near the amount of retail space that would be needed for those.

2 hours ago, SouthernBorn said:

Yes the equipment was packed up but they were going through some permitting processes and other things of that nature since they cleared the land. Before I left for college I know a new peace equipment was bought on site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can confirm that as of today everything is off of the site and construction company trailer was removed 2 weeks ago. Only thing left is the fence.

I'll double check. I might have said the wrong lot so my apologies if that's the case. But yes, target and apple are coming to downtown and as of right now everything is on go. They gave some pretty enticing prospects for apple specifically. And the project I'm talking about has been fighting the city on some really stupid stuff.