Proposal: COUNTY OFFICES MOVING?!

goodbye

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Now we all know how little respect should be given to the word, "expect." What we've all expected many times over just has not happened. I've given over to using the words, "hopefully, but unlikely," when it comes to new towers being built downtown - even when they are actually unveiled in front of TV news cameras and large crowds of excited spectators.

:offtopic: You mean to tell me that a blu-ray disc player that also plays games, music, movies, has internet, etc. that is 500-600 dollars is overpriced when a regular blu-ray disc player is 1000 dollars? Interesting. At least they have them in stock unlike that other console, which can't seem to keep up with demand and is hurting their business. <_< Why would you want to see something as boring as Riverplace here when we can see something tall and cool looking? :)

I might PM you about it, but you know which one has the better graphics and more capability over the nintendo gamecube 2. However, I do like the Nintendo Wii. It's the Xbox 360 I can't stand. I'm actually planning to get a Wii soon.

-Now back to the topic: I would much rather have like a 20-story tall building at county square then something 5 stories tall. There is nothing that exciting about Riverplace except for that waterfall. It is basically just another mixed-use development like McBee Station will be. Every city Greenville's size and bigger has one or is getting one. I would like to see something different for a change come to downtown instead of the same old 5-story tall mixed-use projects. Maybe something that would include an IMAX or something.

-Now back to the topic: I would much rather have like a 20-story tall building at county square then something 5 stories tall. There is nothing that exciting about Riverplace except for that waterfall. It is basically just another mixed-use development like McBee Station will be. Every city Greenville's size and bigger has one or is getting one. I would like to see something different for a change come to downtown instead of the same old 5-story tall mixed-use projects. Maybe something that would include an IMAX or something.

You know skyscrapers were originally created and still are there to get the most real estate bang for the buck so to speak. It makes sense to built them on the thin strip that is Manhattan or other coastal towns where is sadly need to cram the commerce in one place either by geography or politics but we really can get by without having very tall towers in upstate, sc for a very long time.

Now my "urban wish" is to see a tunnel through Paris Mountain so I don't have to drive around it on State Park Road to get from Berea to Taylors.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Don't be suprised if McChesney Investment Advisors decides to build a new mixed-use development on the county square site and move the offices into a new high-rise included with this development or somewhere else downtown.

Maybe we'd see our highrise competition start at that point. Except, it'd be between the City and the County to see who could build taller. I mean, city hall MUST be the tallest thing in the immediate area, AND they'd never be outdone by the county... :silly:

Also, I think it'd by funny to have the two "enemies" so to speak across the street from each other. I mean, they get along SO well... :lol:

Maybe we'd see our highrise competition start at that point. Except, it'd be between the City and the County to see who could build taller. I mean, city hall MUST be the tallest thing in the immediate area, AND they'd never be outdone by the county... :silly:

Also, I think it'd by funny to have the two "enemies" so to speak across the street from each other. I mean, they get along SO well... :lol:

Archived