COMPLETE: Masonic Temple Hotel

yesterday's PROJO: "Renaissance Providence hiring staff"

"The Renaissance Providence Hotel, built in the renovated Masonic Temple downtown, has started to hire 150 to 175 workers for jobs in areas such as front desk/guest relations, banquet facilities, restaurant, engineering, accounting and housekeeping/laundry.

The hiring is being done through a partnership of city, state and hotel officials.

Robert Ricci, administrator for Workforce Solutions of Providence, said because the project has received tax breaks, city residents are supposed to get first crack at the jobs. The interviews will be conducted at the state

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yesterday's PROJO: "Renaissance Providence hiring staff"

"The Renaissance Providence Hotel, built in the renovated Masonic Temple downtown, has started to hire 150 to 175 workers...

...because the project has received tax breaks, city residents are supposed to get first crack at the jobs.

I am.

I work at another hotel about 25 miles northwest of Providence and I'm studying business at CCRI part-time. Working in town would be ideal, and I like this property since it really is one of a kind!

I live close to ALCO, Rising Sun, and other various Olneyville revitalization efforts that I take for granted but watch closely (not even realizing it). I'm especially excited about the tremendous investment in the Valley neighborhood. What was a collection of rotting factories is transforming into a center of commerce, and I happen to live just up the hill from the action.

I need solid free picture hosting and I'm too lazy to dig in. COX doesn't give you much web space for storage.

Some of youse guys ah pros at dis.. so if ya know den jus tell me whea to go! :shades:

I believe we can actually ask for the greatest possible designs, and the cutting-edgiest hotel staff, art and lighting on buildings but if we don't require those things of our businesses, then we get the mediocre version of the cool things everyone else has.

I live close to ALCO, Rising Sun, and other various Olneyville revitalization efforts that I take for granted but watch closely (not even realizing it). I'm especially excited about the tremendous investment in the Valley neighborhood. What was a collection of rotting factories is transforming into a center of commerce, and I happen to live just up the hill from the action.

I need solid free picture hosting and I'm too lazy to dig in. COX doesn't give you much web space for storage.

Some of youse guys ah pros at dis.. so if ya know den jus tell me whea to go! :shades:

It seems I've already been requested. I can only hope that my appointment is forthcoming. :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sunday night I noticed about 3 of the columns at the front entrance were upwardly lit. They looked great. I can't wait to see this building illuminated at night. Currently, it can be seen above the treetops from Smith St in Elmhurst.

Incidentally, a bud of mine was hired to do some graffiti in the new Temple bar located in the lower, lower level. Like sub basement level. Gonna be a cool place. They wanted some murals like the ones that were "rehabbed" when they refinished the building. I think it is cool that they knew it was a big graffiti spot, and then sought out artists of repute who do this kind of thing (not recreate it, but originate it) and paid them for their time, work and art. Gonna be a great place to hang out, if i could afford a drink there when they are done.

Archived