Top 10 Canadian skylines

Steve121

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting that. Toronto is definitely is a cut above the rest. Calgary is very impressive. Edmonton is a bit underated IMO. Yellowknife's Skyline is incredible for being such a small place. Niagara Falls was also a suprise. Canada has some great skylines.

Moncton made the list!!!!!! My mothers family is from Moncton, I haven't been there in over 20 years, but it's nice to see the motherland again, even if in a pic. Interesting choices, I've never seen Yellowknife's skyline before.....

Im jealous! Canadian cities are so much better than American cities! No fair! Anyway.... Vancouver is my favorite skyline in Canada! Ive been there numerous times! :-) It effin rocks!

Canada has some amazing skylines, but they are AT MOST equal to America's 2nd best slylines (yes, even toronto). I'll spare NYC and Chicago since everyone knows those (and since they're pretty much untouchable)... but here are some that should rival the best shown from Canada.

Minneapolis...

089%20Minneapolis.JPG

Atlanta...

atlanta_skyline.jpg

Portland...

portland.jpg

Houston...

houston.jpg

Charlotte...

SkylineMedRes.jpg

But a few...

Although I think that Vancouver and Quebec have extraordinary and beautiful skylines, eveything else in canada either seems normal or not so special. I didn't post these pictures to show you that the US has better skylines (opinions are opinions), but that in reality... the major cities' in both places all pretty much look the same... comparitively.

Canadian cities seem to have more of an economic impact than there american couterparts though. Calgary metro isn't over 2 million but look at it's skyline. Maybe it's the large gaps of isolation but the major cities in Canada seem to be alot more urban and developed than US cities.

nice photos. the only city i have been to in canada is vancouver. it has always maintained a spot in my mind as one of the top 5 all-time cities for me... needless to say i think that it is canada's finest. i also like the looks of montreal. calgary and quebec city suprised me. calgary looks very dense and quebec city looks mature and elegant and clean.

i have never been a big fan of toronto. i think it's canadas most overrated skyline. i know there are many beautiful planned towers going up, but as it stands now its rather drab and it's saving grace has been the CN tower. IMO.

• 2 months later...
Canada has some amazing skylines, but they are AT MOST equal to America's 2nd best slylines (yes, even toronto). I'll spare NYC and Chicago since everyone knows those (and since they're pretty much untouchable)... but here are some that should rival the best shown from Canada.

I don't know, Canada's look more dense and numerically superior to me. If you believe this list, then it is quite revealing:

Name Bldgs.

1 New York City 1,925

2 Toronto 1,560

3 Chicago 1,100

4 Tokyo 1,056

5 Vancouver 705

6 Greater London 534

7 Mexico City 517

8 Los Angeles 481

9 Dubai 473

10 Montr

12 floors or more. This came from skyscraperpage.com, and I do not know how accurate it is, so I'll leave it up to you to judge, however, it does confirm what I (at least) see in pictures comparisons (apple to apple pictures, so to speak, not ones where a particular angle or vantage is used to increase the appearance of number and density).

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived