Getting ready for the Bella Vista bypass?

KJW

Anyone out there driven in Highway 72 to Gravette from Bentonville and passed by the Benton County Quail Unlimited place on the east side of the road, before you get to Hiwasse, after you pass the new subdivision (not Tallamoore, but the one farther west, on the west side of the road) of expensive homes?

Well, about 1/2 or more mile northwest of the aforementioned subdivision just before you get to Little Road, there's a sign on the west side of the road advertising a new car wash to be built currently in what must have been cow pasture quite recently. Looks like there may be some preparation for the new bypass soon. (And given what's happened around I-540 in Bentonville/Rogers I can't blame whomever is doing so.)

Now, that's not set in stone...these things can come and go. But one of our customers, a lady who has a gift store in Hiwasse (just north of there, immediately south of Bella Vista's "Highlands" area) and who owns land on where the proposed bypass is likely going to go, said she's been in contact frequently with people in Little Rock about the highway.

One thing...there was an article linked on this forum where officials strongly speculated the toll bypass might be ready by 2009. Our customer said she's told work may begin by 2008, and she was laughing at how they thought they could get all the land claims settled by that time. (Then she sobered up saying that she realized "eminent domain" could be invoked on this, though hopefully not.)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone out there driven in Highway 72 to Gravette from Bentonville and passed by the Benton County Quail Unlimited place on the east side of the road, before you get to Hiwasse, after you pass the new subdivision (not Tallamoore, but the one farther west, on the west side of the road) of expensive homes?

Well, about 1/2 or more mile northwest of the aforementioned subdivision just before you get to Little Road, there's a sign on the west side of the road advertising a new car wash to be built currently in what must have been cow pasture quite recently. Looks like there may be some preparation for the new bypass soon. (And given what's happened around I-540 in Bentonville/Rogers I can't blame whomever is doing so.)

I hadn't even thought to mention that car wash here; I see the sign almost every day. It's been up about a month now (the next right turn after it is Little Road, a back way to our house). I have such mixed feelings about this road. It could be really great for us, or really bad. I've mentioned this before I think, but the bypass is supposed to run about 800 feet behind our house. There will be 500 feet of trees and ravines in between our land and the road, so we will have a decent buffer. However, our total peace and quiet will be a thing of the past. On the flip side, I'm assuming our land value will go up, and we should have better roads to our house, possibly even an exit that would give us easy access, but far enough away to not be a problem. I can hope, right? :huh:

Oops, sorry, in the post above, I didn't get it quite right. The first two paragraphs are a quote from KJW's post, the last paragraph is mine. Operator error, I guess.

Archived