South Carolina College Sports

jfl25

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've spent my life within the sports world being disappointed and depressed over Carolina football. Never again. I fully expect NC State to clean our clock up there, and I have very strong visions of knowing very early in the game that our woes have not gone away.

I don't understand why all the Carolina fans on UP harp on all the negative fodder the media spews out.

I am not going so much off the media, I just thought this particular article coincided with my thoughts pretty well. I am basing my opinions based on my own observations (and reservations) about where the team is and what I can see them accomplishing. And with one of the toughest schedules in the nation, I just can't be very optimistic for the season. As a fan, I will watch every game and continue to hope and pull for them, just as I have always done, but expecting (or even hoping) for a bust out season, or double digit wins seems like a set-up for disappointment and frustration.

That reminds me... I don't recall if it's been mentioned here on UP, but its worth noting that USC, as part of the multi-billion dollar "SEC on ESPN" media deal, will have every SEC match up televised on national TV via ESPN or ABC network broadcast. This means some great exposure for the Gamecocks. The other good news, IMO, is that one Saturday Out-of-Conference game can be on ESPN. That means there won't be any questions as to whether or not the Palmetto Bowl will be on TV.

Every SEC game will be televised, but that could include ESPNU, the SEC network (essentially the former JP network), CSS, Fox Sports South, etc. Also, each school is allowed one pay per view game per season as well.

So it's national in availability but not necessarily what you think of as big time, national TV each week (i.e., ESPN and CBS).

I understand exactly what it means. Being able to have 12 games guaranteed to be on TV every year, and likely more games if you include OOC games (Like NCSU and hopefully Clemson this year) is good exposure. Its particularly for me since my cable package includes all of those channels :shades:

Go 'Cocks!

How many times can we lose to UGA on the last drive of the game! I can think of 3 times just this decade, and 2 in a row! I am not a moral victory kind of guy. I am sick of losing games like this. This is yet another game USC had no business losing. Any kickoff coverage and better redzone play and they win this one easily. Good effort for sure, but when will they finally win some of these? :angry::sick:

Despite the loss, I'm still optimistic about the year.

I think that USC showed a lot of maturity. We played an entire game and hung in there until the last second- literally. Garcia and the offense were stellar, even if the play calling was not. I haven't seen a Gamecock offense look like that in a long time. Even Spurrier didn't have much to complain about in his press conference as far as the offense goes. If this type of playing continues, the gamut of the most difficult schedule in NCAA football should be fine.

A 6'9" point guard who was offered football scholarships by USC and Clemson to play quarterback and basketball scholarships from USC, Clemson, Southern Cal, Auburn, Miami and others has decided to focus on basketball and committed to Darrin Horn's Gamecocks on Wednesday. His name is Bruce Ellington. He says he thinks the Gamecocks are on the verge of doing some special things and he is proud to be one.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived