Riverfront Property Proposal(s)?

tony speller

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOOD isn't done yet!

"City officials will have a statement at 3:30 pm about the proposal submitted for their downtown riverfront property."

"In a Faust-related move, Lambert-Edwards is no longer representing the Atlanta-based developer. Lambert-Edwards' Don Hunt said it was by mutual agreement reached last Friday. Hunt would not give specifics why the agreement ended."

Linky:

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6142497

GRAND RAPIDS - Mayor George Heartwell told 24 Hour News 8 he is not inclined to go forward with development of the 16-acres of riverfront property.

"I am at a point where I personally would not like to see this go forward," Heartwell said. "Chalk this up to experience. Sooner or later we will develop that property, but not this time around."

Flawless Developer do we know each other ?

If you're 'flawless' how can you justify singing the praises of a no-money 'developer' who's never developed anything ?

The real people are gone, we are left with Duane and Duane has no capacity. This has been demonstrated a million times. Santa Claus ain't comin' to town.

Why are you people still talking about Duane ?

WOOD isn't done yet!

"City officials will have a statement at 3:30 pm about the proposal submitted for their downtown riverfront property."

"In a Faust-related move, Lambert-Edwards is no longer representing the Atlanta-based developer. Lambert-Edwards' Don Hunt said it was by mutual agreement reached last Friday. Hunt would not give specifics why the agreement ended."

Linky:

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6142497

In my opinion the shame of this whole process is that someone (Faust) had a Great idea/vision. The city then tried to turn it into an RFP process.

The RFP should have been about selling the city property only, not the entire development. I think its all a moot point now, but did the JW Mariott or the Christman development on Michigan street have to go through an RFP process for the development phase?

To me, the biggest challenge with that property was and still is the cost of moving all the municipal public works located there. The city wanted an investment that would basically fund the $60+ million it's going to cost to move everything. And I think they wanted that cost recuperated within several years.

Have to say that WOODTV's play on words calling it a "Faustian" deal (on their website) is below the belt.

Archived