The River Market

That would be fantastic, but an aberration from their normal suburban locations (at least all I've been to...which is a LOT).

I doubt Pappadeaux will open a location in Downtown Little Rock. They usually purchase land and open locations in suburban sections of the city such as the ones in Dallas and Atlanta. It would be nice though. Maybe an upscale new to the market seafood restaurants (such as Willie G's Seafood and Steak located in Houston, Tx and Denver, CO) or Houhilan's Restaurant could open in that spot. As previously mentioned, a Hard Rock Cafe would do well there since the River Market is always busy but I don't think they locate in a market this small. Would be nice though!

Edited by ecity3138

Stayed at the Marriott a couple of weeks ago and the update is a big improvement over what the Peabody left. It was late and I didn't eat at the restaurant but did visit their new bar. The old lobby bar is no longer there and the new bar is nice. For me the old lobby bar was in too large of a space. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I was reading an article about the 10 year anniversary of the Clinton Library. The article included a section on the expansion of the l-30 Bridge and the addition of two lanes to l-30. One of the more interesting parts had to do  with the exits(2nd, 6th and 9th streets).  It looks like the 2nd street exit will be removed and if so that will free up space for possible development. If they do this then how about closing down La Harpe  from President Clinton Ave. to Chester and expand the River Park.

Damgoode Pies will be opening in the former Bosco's location. They will be opening as a restaurant/bar initially but are going through the licensing process to open a brewery. A brewer from Bosco's is staying on to operate the brewery.

I'm glad a local company took over this space. From what I have read about it, it should make a nice addition to the River Market.

Due to added expenses to build a parking deck on top of the parking lot in front of the Main Library there is now talk to  build a deck north of the library where the parking lot in Riverfront Park is located. Plans might include groundfloor retail facing the river. I wonder if they have thought about adding a rooftop deck resturaunt to the structure?

Bids are being taken for a library parking structure to be known as Market Row ll.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bids are being taken for a library parking structure to be known as Market Row ll.

Market Row ll will be located at the corner of President Clinton Avenue and Rock. It will take up the last vacant lot in the River Market , except for the parking lot facing the Main Library. The building will be a four floor parking deck with retail at the ground level.   The facade will match the building next door containing the Flying Saucer.

Interesting that there is a waiver request from the 60 foot limit on buildings in the RIvermarket District.  I thought it was the library who fought the most to keep this limit on buildings.  

The library(Buddy Roberts) used the height limit as an excuse to oppose the Aloft. In the plans for the new building there are plans to add another floor in the future.

• 1 month later...

Market Row ll will be located at the corner of President Clinton Avenue and Rock. It will take up the last vacant lot in the River Market , except for the parking lot facing the Main Library. The building will be a four floor parking deck with retail at the ground level.   The facade will match the building next door containing the Flying Saucer.

A permit has been issued for the deck.

Interesting project coming to the RM. The Garage Shops on 3rd will become home to The Shack, a bbq haven from the past. What I find interesting about this project is that it will occupy three levels and also include outdoor eating in the adjacent parking deck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As mentioned yesterday in the Conway topic section Inuvo and Privacy Star will be relocating to the Museum Building. They will bring around 100 employees and plan to add another 30 to 40 each this year.

Nothing against Conway, but this is good news for Little Rock, the River Market and the Tech Corridor.