urbanvb

• 1 month later...

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been somewhat excited about the center coming for some great entertainment in our fair city. If anyone saw the Daily Break there was a full page ad for upcoming shows which includes White Christmas, Miss Saigon (which I hear is great), Titanic, and Smokey Joe's Cafe. What I wasn't so prepared for were the prices which are close to NYC prices! Prices start at $100 and go up to $180 per show. I guess I may not see as many as I had hoped.

I have been somewhat excited about the center coming for some great entertainment in our fair city. If anyone saw the Daily Break there was a full page ad for upcoming shows which includes White Christmas, Miss Saigon (which I hear is great), Titanic, and Smokey Joe's Cafe. What I wasn't so prepared for were the prices which are close to NYC prices! Prices start at $100 and go up to $180 per show. I guess I may not see as many as I had hoped.

The upcoming shows listed are all locally mounted professional productions -- not National tours. Prices quoted above (upcoming shows) are for season tickets to all shows. Indivudual tickets are about $40. Tickets in NYCity top at about $112 (except for one or two that get as much as $450 for a very limited number of seats.)

The Sandler has only about 1200 seats while Chrysler Hall has 2500. If a major touring production were to come into the Sandler, then you would see hundred dollar tickets going on sale.

• 4 weeks later...
I agree... Thought part of Chrysler getting so much more is the venue being old and established. Correct me if I am wrong though, when I think of Chrysler Hall I think of old people walking in for a show... When I think Sandler Center, I picture younger and classier people...

• 3 weeks later...

Wow! Pretty neat that it's done!

Now it's time to use it for the one thing that Hampton Roads gets national attention for!

HIP HOP SHOWS!

(NERD - Lapdance .... I swear there was a girl with a virginia beach shirt in it)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiG0tcTraGA

How about Chesapeake police cars used in videos with worldwide distro?

(Shop n go is in Chesapeake too).

Ahhh here we go, more international recognition for Hampton Roads...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfnFJrlhPY

3:03 Virginia beach shirt, also I think that club is in Virginia Beach

(funny it talks about bring guns to the club to shoot people when there are problems.. ).

I bet you didn't know that one of Jay-Z's most popular songs ... the main jist of the song was that he started creating his wealth by moving low quality illicit drugs to Hampton Roads to sell it to local dealers (track title HOVA).

Archived