Ritz Carlton Residences

The new development is to be called "Quail Hollow Village" according to a news report today and will include a Wellness Center.

Also, I noticed the sites perimeter, outside the green fence awning, was being landscaped with rose bushes today just in time for the golf competition.

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is this going to be totally privately funded? Or did the city relent and give in to DeeDee?

By the way, on the http://www.mediasavvyinc.com/RITZ2/INDEX.HTML site, they misspelled Ritz on the blue header of the internet box at the top of the screen, it's spelled Rizt- Carlton. Would think they'd have someone edit this stuff for such a high dollar project.

No sir, its all for real, I know a quite a few people close to the Harris'. Don't let the poor business practices and broken promises fool you, no shortcuts will be made on this project. The only thing I worry about is how much this project is going to stick out next to quail corners, rehab of the project or not. I don't think there is much they can do to an incredibly aged strip center.

No sir, its all for real, I know a quite a few people close to the Harris'. Don't let the poor business practices and broken promises fool you, no shortcuts will be made on this project. The only thing I worry about is how much this project is going to stick out next to quail corners, rehab of the project or not. I don't think there is much they can do to an incredibly aged strip center.

The animosity on this page is getting rather annoying, there are many Harrises in the city each of whom had a piece in building Southpark and I don't mean the mall. Virtually everything you see in the area has their name affiliated with. "Dee Dee's" project will be just fine especially if her husband is involved now (which he will be since he recently sold one of the largest insurance agencies in the nation and is probably getting bored). It will go through it will be top quality and it will help spring quality development on the rest of old Morocroft (the family farm).

As evidence of this I'll cite a few project's they played a leading role in:

Southpark (the entire area was built on a fraction of Morocroft)

Panther's (they own a large part of the team)

Quail Hollow's Wachovia Championship

Cameron M. Harris and Associates

Presbyterian Hospital (yes they helped make it that big)

Morocroft development (their largest devolpment in SP)

I don't think there would have been any animosity of one of Charlottes riches families would not have held their hand out to the city for money when the this project didn't turn out as profitable as they had hoped -- so they shelved it and left a prominent corner looking horrible. It is the rich asking for money that aggravates most people, not the people themselves or what they are doing.

Dee-Dee Harris and her husband opened Cameron M. Harris & co. which was a full service insurance agency, the largest in the carolinas at one point. CMH&CO was bought by Wachovia in 2002 for a nice chunk of change. The business was quite successful and DeeDee became quite the business woman, opening garden secrets, which and getting into real estate. Harris Land Company is responsible for Seven Eagles, Morrocroft shops and the neighborhood around it, a good bit of ballantyne, and shops on the park.

Harris Teeter was the result of a merger between W.T Harris' Harris Supermarket, and Willis L Teeters Teeter Food Mart. The Relation between W.T Harris, and Dee Dee Harris is something I am not too familiar with. But I am quite certain there is no relation.

• 7 months later...
Dee-Dee Harris and her husband opened Cameron M. Harris & co. which was a full service insurance agency, the largest in the carolinas at one point. CMH&CO was bought by Wachovia in 2002 for a nice chunk of change. The business was quite successful and DeeDee became quite the business woman, opening garden secrets, which and getting into real estate. Harris Land Company is responsible for Seven Eagles, Morrocroft shops and the neighborhood around it, a good bit of ballantyne, and shops on the park.

Harris Teeter was the result of a merger between W.T Harris' Harris Supermarket, and Willis L Teeters Teeter Food Mart. The Relation between W.T Harris, and Dee Dee Harris is something I am not too familiar with. But I am quite certain there is no relation.

• 1 month later...

Archived