Westin Hotel/Condos & Project Forty Fifth

mcheiss

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always thought a hotel of this caliber makes more sense on the other side of 540, instead of across of a Home Depot. However, on that corner near Pinnacle is strange.

It would make much more sense if it was on a site just west of the soon to be completed Perry Rd interchange. I thought all that land is owned by Pinnacle.

The City of Rogers would make them pay for any infrastructure improvements as appropriate, like four lane roads, just like they and other cities require of any major developments. Like Pinnacle Hills Pkwy, or all those roads 4 lane roads around the Promenade like 45th St itself.

There was an article in today's paper about the Westin. It said that Barber is considering placing it over the Intestate to allow it to be closer to the World Trade Center. The WTC said they needed an additional 150 rooms for the convention area to be sucessful. It's also looking like the Westin may be nocked down a few floors. :(

There was also a few homeowners in the Pinnacle that aren't too happy about this either.

• 2 weeks later...

I went by both sites yesterday. Project Forty Fifth is well underway with dirt construction. They're slowly taking away that giant mountain of dirt next to the Promenade. The Westin site did look like it had been freshly dug up and I did see what looked to either be a project developer or a city code inspector looking at the site. Obviously, something is going to be built at the site. It could be an office building, a retail development, or phase II of project forthy fifth. Here's some pics.

Westin Hotel site.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0756-1.jpg

IMG_0757.jpg

Project Forty Fifth

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

There was another article in the paper about the possible move for the Westin. Barber will only confirm that he's exploring options. I would think that this is costing him money seeing as how he could have started construction by now, not to mention all of the meetings that he's had with the homeowners along Champions Blvd. Something tells me this is going to be a done deal.

• 3 weeks later...
The location of the Westin may still be in limbo, but we've received assurance from Barber himself that the Westin does have investors willing to go forward with plans. I hope we'll hear more info soon on the location and the floor count.

• 4 weeks later...

The Westin may have a new home. It was discussed at meetings last week, and a preliminary

plat has been filed for Planning Commission review with The City of Rogers. The word is that

the hotel is plannned for the east side of Pinnacle Parkway, east of the Metropolitan Bank,

and west of the Regions Bank,along what was Perry Road. Apparently Johnelle Hunt is now

IN CHARGE and directing ALL things Pinnacle Hills. The old guard is OUT. Also, word is she is travelling

to look at cemeteries and mauseleums in the US. The reason is she is planning on building one big one

on both sides of Northgate and Champions Drive, the old location planned for the Westin.

The Westin may have a new home. It was discussed at meetings last week, and a preliminary

plat has been filed for Planning Commission review with The City of Rogers. The word is that

the hotel is plannned for the east side of Pinnacle Parkway, east of the Metropolitan Bank,

and west of the Regions Bank,along what was Perry Road. Apparently Johnelle Hunt is now

IN CHARGE and directing ALL things Pinnacle Hills. The old guard is OUT. Also, word is she is travelling

to look at cemeteries and mauseleums in the US. The reason is she is planning on building one big one

on both sides of Northgate and Champions Drive, the old location planned for the Westin.

For those of us not very familiar with Rogers what directly from the original location is this? That wand why would you put a cemetery at the old location? Seems like a really odd place for a cemetery. Wouldn't you put one where land is cheaper? Seems like there are a lot of other uses for that particular piece of land.

You're kidding me? A cemetary right there. Uuuuggghhh that's the worst place to put a cemetary. :sick::sick: The Planning Commission needs to deny this, it would be a huge planning disaster. Is it really going to look nice having a cemetary next to a hospital?

Archived