Lynx Blue Line (South Corridor)

monsoon

It appears that Reid's is offering some incentives for visitors to their store that use the LRT when it opens. They will offer "store specials" exclusively for LYNX riders (I'm assuming if you flash them your pass) and also they will be selling insulated carts for groceries that can be brought on the train. Sounds like a good idea and hopefully this will encourage people that need to go shopping to use LRT as an alternative method to driving to the store.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In addition to the LRT free day on November 24th, CATS is going to have "celebration stations" set up at 7th Street, Transportation Center, East/West Blvd., and Bland Street.

These four stations will host special events from 10am to 1pm. There is also mention of four Grand Opening prizes to be given out.

Anyone heard what those prizes might be?

Sorry about that. Our currency is one of my pet peeves. Anyway, to get back on track, what is CATS using for bus fareboxes now? The last time I was on a CATS bus was sometime in 2003 I think, and they were using the traditional dumb boxes at the time as I recall. Are they using electronic boxes like we have in the triangle now? I'm worried that there's some mismatches between what you can use on different modes.

So service starts at 10:15 AM on the 24th according to the website. Everyone be sure to tell everyone you know to come out for the festivities and fill the trains cause I'm sure every news agency within a 100 miles will have cameras there to capture the "empty trains."

I wonder if they would give you the option of the $18 in change or buying a multi use pass? Could be a way to boost funds for CATS if people don't use all of their passes and make it more convenient for the rider in that they don't have 10 pounds of change in their pocket and can do multiple rides.

The grouping of canopies at third street station is installed. They still have wrapping on them. Didn't have the camera because of coming from the American Craft Council show at the Convention Center...

Sorry for the low quality. I grabbed this on Saturday with my iPhone:

gallery_1_3_49272.jpg

I was under the assumption that the work at the 7th street station was complete but it looks as if it is not. For example, in this picture it seems like railing should be along the edge but it hasn't been installed yet:

gallery_1_3_300656.jpg

Some images of the 7th street station (cell phone quality) I took Saturday afternoon:

gallery_1_3_254553.jpg

gallery_1_3_73758.jpg

gallery_1_3_95510.jpg

gallery_1_3_267927.jpg

My wife and I weren't all that impressed with the new 'shelters' and in getting fairly close to them from street level (they are wrapped correct?) look like the material used for a recycled park bench of something. Hopefully they'll be better unwrapped if that will indeed happen. I agree though that I'd rather see a traditional type shelter instead of whatever this is that is trying to be hip.

Archived