Traffic Enforcement Cameras

Cotuit

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm lobbying to get the pilot project installed at Atwells and Dean. We also have to come up with some in-pavement electrode system that jolts drivers trying to turn left from the right lane or turn right from the left lane. Giant sky mirrors that charbroil cars stopped in the crosswalk are another idea.

I'm lobbying to get the pilot project installed at Atwells and Dean. We also have to come up with some in-pavement electrode system that jolts drivers trying to turn left from the right lane or turn right from the left lane.

I also want the cameras to shoot people who stop at green lights. On more than one occasion I have come upon a driver at a dead stop at a green light who then takes off like a bolt when it turns red. I have no explanation for this behavior.

Who administers these again? Is it the police?

Late last night I came to a complete stop at a red light that was already red well in advance of the stop line at Waterman and Gano (as did the car next to me) and, nevertheless, the red light camera photographed the completely empty intersection (while the red light was still on) three times :huh:.

The people in the car next to me (licence plate from Maine and they looked like they were from out of town, complete with the person in the passenger's seat with a map) looked seriously spooked.

I think the city needs to know about this...

- Garris

Who administers these again? Is it the police?

Late last night I came to a complete stop at a red light that was already red well in advance of the stop line at Waterman and Gano (as did the car next to me) and, nevertheless, the red light camera photographed the completely empty intersection (while the red light was still on) three times :huh:.

The people in the car next to me (licence plate from Maine and they looked like they were from out of town, complete with the person in the passenger's seat with a map) looked seriously spooked.

I think the city needs to know about this...

- Garris

was there a sign that said "no turn on red" (i know if you were at huxley and eaton, you can no longer turn right on red since the cameras were installed, which pissed me off because i turn right there to go home).

on friday after work, i saw it flash and get someone who decided to gun it as the light was turning red. they missed the yellow.

• 2 months later...

<_< I should be getting a ticket if there is one servicing the light on our side of the highway.

Can you get two at the same time? I think I was turning left onto 95 North just as the light on the Hilton side of the bridge turned red.

End result: on time arrival at work. :thumbsup:

I completely disagree with that. I would suggest that the councilman take a walk more often. The traffic at Atwells and the Service Road has undoubtedly been trained by these cameras. They are like bad puppies meekly waiting outside the box so as to not get trapped in the box and ticketed. Just like they were supposed to be doing all along. The cameras here have most certainly improved pedestrian safety.

Archived