Bicycle Factory Project

GRDadof3

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohhh stopped trains on the road aggravate me. But anyhow, I grew up from Age 4 to age... hmm. Something.. with only a small knoll and a strip of woods separating me from the train tracks in Wayland, as well as the Highway in view down the street sort of on the horizon. That was part of my life, and I simply cannot sleep at all without some kind of white noise in the background. I love falling asleep to the sound of traffic and trains.

I looked at this trailer on my way home from work today, and that lot it's in is surrounded by that 6 foot tall fence. The only way to get in or out is at the entrance on the north end, nearly 100 yards away from it. Sure doesn't make for convenient access to the trailer.

I think GVSU has way too many surface lots. They should consolidate all of them into another parking ramp, or if possible add some levels on to the exisisting ramp.

Padnos should move all their operations to Ann Street. I think if there is enough development in the area and the price is right for them they will move eventually.

I've always thought the A&P warehouse and the lots south of there would be perfect for redevlopment, its on the river and a stones throw away from GVSU. Wasn't there a rumor that DeVries was going to rennovate the building and add a couple floors?

I think GVSU has way too many surface lots. They should consolidate all of them into another parking ramp, or if possible add some levels on to the exisisting ramp.

Padnos should move all their operations to Ann Street. I think if there is enough development in the area and the price is right for them they will move eventually.

I've always thought the A&P warehouse and the lots south of there would be perfect for redevlopment, its on the river and a stones throw away from GVSU. Wasn't there a rumor that DeVries was going to rennovate the building and add a couple floors?

While you might be able to develop the A&P building and the parking lots, the building right at Butterworth and Front is being developed into a pharmaceutical packaging plant. They've been working on it pretty gradually for at least 3-4 months. There's usually always been a van or two and there's been a new addition put on and some new driveways poured.

I'm sure they've put a decent amount of money into it, so it would probably take more money to redevelop it into housing now than it would have before they started. I'd actually be interested to learn a bit more about the project, but don't know where to go to get that kind of information.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

They've gone vertical. There's a few cinder block walls above the ground level and the area around the basement foundation has pretty much all been filled in with dirt. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos, but if anyone is around the area taking photos this weekend (*looks at GRDad*) they could swing by and take some. Otherwise, I might try and get some on Monday when I ride to work. Also might swing down and take a look at the other recently burned building on Front St.

They've gone vertical. There's a few cinder block walls above the ground level and the area around the basement foundation has pretty much all been filled in with dirt. Unfortunately, I don't have any photos, but if anyone is around the area taking photos this weekend (*looks at GRDad*) they could swing by and take some. Otherwise, I might try and get some on Monday when I ride to work. Also might swing down and take a look at the other recently burned building on Front St.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived