TWELVE Hotels and Residences

TowerRooster

I'm sure they won't do a replica of the building at Atlantic Station, even it does end up being similar.

I'm probably most excited about the 400 residential units in a part of downtown with no residents outside of senior public housing.

The height going up bewteen 7th and 8th, where we have no highrises currently, is extremely exciting from a skyline perspective.

The location is so good, it is unbelievable.

- It is across the street from a grocery store and a light rail station.

- It is across the tracks from a large park planned.

- It is only 4 blocks from the Square

- It is only 2 blocks from the arena

- It is in the heart of the nightlife around College Street.

- It is only 4 blocks from an interstate interchange

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

even though the design is not bad, it is not great. i too hope they do something different, possibly similiar to their centennial twelve tower design. although it's not great either. being down here in atlanta and seeing that building every day, its a lot different in person, than in the rendering. so it's really not that great looking. the concrete is kind of bland. so, hope they do something different definetely.

even though the design is not bad, it is not great. i too hope they do something different, possibly similiar to their centennial twelve tower design. although it's not great either. being down here in atlanta and seeing that building every day, its a lot different in person, than in the rendering. so it's really not that great looking. the concrete is kind of bland. so, hope they do something different definetely.

Well, for one thing, the pic is of the one in Atlanta. The Charlotte design hasn't been released yet. It will also be much taller than the pic shown in this thread.

Everyone keeps repeating the same thing, read before you post.

:)

Levine owns the land, so this is the beginning of 'his' urban village, which will likely be built up in a similar manner, probably primarily by Faison, his main partner. Don't count on this suddenly cause the rest of it to happen, but it is a great first step. It'll probably be an impetus to getting the park funded.

It appears that TWELVE will be wide along 7th, if we take the Civitas drawings as an indication. A long side along 7th would probably provide more residents with better views.

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.ph...ndpost&p=294655

It is hard to say if the project will go all the way to 8th. Levine owns all the land except the radio tower parcel. They could conceivably build the tower between 7th and 8th on his land.

As for the design of the building, I would seriously not be surprised if Doug Smith just made up the correlation with the Atlanta TWELVE. Not in a bad way, but most readers don't care about the specifics of the building, so saying that was a way to give an example of what was coming here. Although there isn't a lot of variation in Novare's designs, it'll still be a different building, so we should expect a different design. Novare hasn't yet devolved onto clones. At least I don't think so, that is.

(afraid of my own comment and afraid of repeating myself)

This is gonna be a huge building, if you think about it, its basically 550 condos, twelve offers hotel rooms that are around the size of most 1 bedroom condos around the city, approxiamately 800 sq ft. there is room in 1 building of like 30+ stories for this much condos, this is gonna be a biggg building, so I think it'll stretch from 7th til 8th, like dubone said, we'll see what the do about the Parking deck as well. Is this building gonna be a 35 story building on top of an x number of story parking deck, because you would need a whole building for this many condos.

I think the press releases prefer to puff up the number stories so I'm sure 35 stories is not in addition to parking, but rather the max height, including any parking.

It will be maybe 25% larger than Avenue, but the same height, so probably 25% wider.

This may be a silly question, but do you think Novare will continue with blue glass and kind of make it a branding unique to their Charlotte projects? They said blue glass was a hit at Avenue, so they didn't use their typical green glass. I wonder if they'll just continue that, or switch to green for their new projects like TWELVE.

This may be a silly question, but do you think Novare will continue with blue glass and kind of make it a branding unique to their Charlotte projects? They said blue glass was a hit at Avenue, so they didn't use their typical green glass. I wonder if they'll just continue that, or switch to green for their new projects like TWELVE.

Do both Atlanta TWELVES have green glass? Since this building will have the hotel inside of it I don't know if they would want brand continuity in the buildings or if they will be building all TWELVES with a completely distintive look. I know they will all be unique but I wonder if they would want some through elements like green glass in all of there buildings for continuity and recognition.

Twelve Atlantic Station has green glass. Twelve Centennial Park appears in the rendering to have blue glass. Twelve Midtown is still going through the approval process and there is no rendering of it as yet.

There were originally rendering of the AS twelve with blue glass, Avenue's rendering had blue glass and they had planned to use green but when they got lots of positive feedback on the blue they stuck with it. I wonder if Novare just puts out first run renderings of all of there projects with blue glass and then later changes it?

There were originally rendering of the AS twelve with blue glass, Avenue's rendering had blue glass and they had planned to use green but when they got lots of positive feedback on the blue they stuck with it. I wonder if Novare just puts out first run renderings of all of there projects with blue glass and then later changes it?

That could well be their MO. I guess until we get a final rendering of Twelve Centennial Park (which makes no sense since it's already under construction) or the glass is being placed on the lower floors, we won't know. I would prefer they use green glass on the Centennial Park Twelve.

Archived