163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we like for Governor?

• Dick DeVos
    • Jennifer Granholm
    • Other

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keynesian economics only work in the short term. Keynesian economics are what have given us our massive deficit. At this point if the government were to stop pumping money into the economy the way they are, the economy would fold. Every industry is affected by government spending, directly or indirectly. I feel that we are in an economic bubble, and soon the economy will collapse. Due in large part to Keynesian fiscal theory.

Communism looks neat on paper, but can never work, It requires to cooperation of to many people, and leaves little incentive for people to be productive.

wait, where in the thread about who we want for governor did communism become an issue?

Amen Brother Rizzo,

but still, even if I consider myself a liberal or moderate, that does not make me a communist, or unpatriotic. That to me is a conservative talking point they constantly run to, when they cannot find an arguement, that holds substance.

For the record I don't consider myself a liberal.

One extreme will produce another extreme. Securing power is so very easy when you understand that people gravitate to sizable groups of other people. When you have secured enough people in your group and you are left with a few renegades you point the finger at them and label them "with the enemy." This works in school, politics, any social siutation where you want your opinion heard. This method of power grabbing works so simple that you can observe this very behavior at many elementary school playgrounds. It's quite startling when you consider how effective it is because it appeals to the very human inside of us. We need simplicity and guidance and if a leader can give us that, we will drive ourselves to be near them.

The liberal and conservative fight acctually works in everyones favor because it will eventually cause a climate of reaction and pull our social climate back to a middle. It runs in cycles.

The liberal and conservative fight acctually works in everyones favor because it will eventually cause a climate of reaction and pull our social climate back to a middle. It runs in cycles.

But not without an extreme push in the opposite direction, eventually leading into a stabilization in the middle.

he's very entertaining, calls things as he sees them. Won't take any nonsense. one thing I do like about him, is that he's not a pundit for the republican party, he'll call them out just as quick as anyone else.

Glad to hear a shout out from another Savage Nation listener. He's this country's only hope right now.

This country's only hope right now is leadership that can think out complex issues

and speak to them in an articulate way using language that has actual and true

meaning, and then be understood by we, the people, who can respond in kind.

But that's just me, being hopeful.

This country's only hope right now is leadership that can think out complex issues

So you're saying we're doomed? :D

New poll from Strategic Vision

Granholm - 50%

DeVos - 33%

Undecided - 17%

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4637606

In the same survey, 62 percent of people said Michigan is heading in the wrong direction. Yet 48 percent of people approve of the job the governor is doing. Pollsters say this shows the governor is not being held responsible for the economic troubles in our state.

We had someone like that, but people just didn't want to wear sweaters.

New poll from Strategic Vision

Granholm - 50%

DeVos - 33%

Undecided - 17%

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4637606

Man, at the current time, DeVos either has to capture nearly all undecided votes (unlikely), or get enough of the undecideds and erode some of Granholm's base (even more unlikely). I find this so telling, because as the quote said, if they aren't blamming Granholm for the economy when it's this bad (about as bad as it can possibly get), they may never. He's got quite a job ahead of him to say the least.

if they aren't blamming Granholm for the economy when it's this bad (about as bad as it can possibly get), they may never.

Sorry, LMichigan, but I have to disagree on one fine detail. In my lifetime, the economy in Michigan has been FAR FAR worse than it is now.

Sorry, LMichigan, but I have to disagree on one fine detail. In my lifetime, the economy in Michigan has been FAR FAR worse than it is now.

although I was only 6 when the 90s rolled around, I remember from my parents that the economy wasnt all that great back then either.

But I'd definately agree the problem with Michigan's economy doesn't fall to the governor. Most of our problems stem from the reliance on one industry far too long, and the fact that congress has worked its hardest to keep it here while it continues to fail.

Archived