Massive Riverfront Project

GRDadof3

I like to say that we should feel honored and privileged that some outsider would come here and consider dropping loads of investment... A lot of people with idle hands could really use some work.

Edit:

I should say anyone who can pour this much money into GR diserves quite the honor.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok folks time for a scoop. I have been doing some investigative work. I just met with someone that has signed one of the confidentiality agreements regarding this development. I was very careful to not put tis individual in a position to let the cat out of the bag. However, I did glean some very interesting information.

Here is what I know...

This plan is over 2 years in the works. Some of the confidentiality agreements were signed over 24 months ago while the developer was doing research and due dilligence.

It is not:

• Toyota

• Google

• GM

• or any other suggetion previously listed on UP

It is also not an existing company moving or expanding to GR

It is not related to or associated with any current development here in GR

It will create jobs (but not sure if the 10K figure will hold up).

It will create a huge splash not only in GR but nationally as well

It is extremely outside the box

The developers DO certainly have the money

The individual I met with has assured me that with the project coming to the surface now, it is most likely that it will be a go and when the developer takes off from the green light they will move quickly.

The last comment made to me was this:

"Dave, I know what a creative outside the box thinker and urban planner you are. Believe me even you, in your wildest dreams could not envision what is being planned."

While I appreciate having some of the speculation cleared up...I am now more anxious than ever to find out. :w00t:

After giving it some thought, I think I'll be disappointed if this project is anything but a new, large corporate presence smack in the middle of GR. Nothing else would have nearly as much potential to make GR a more prosperous place. For example, having Toyota build a NA HQ or a research and development facility would bring thousands of jobs to the area and increase GR's national clout more than anything else I can think of. Not only would it bring a huge economic boost in and of itself, but we could also see expansion in public transportation, airport expansion, increased convention business, and more demand for arts and entertainment.

EDIT: Doh! It seems this thread is moving faster than I can post. So it's not Toyota or another automaker. Oh well...maybe I can still hope for a new company of some sort being started by someone with deep pockets...

How about something to do with alternative energy? That seems to be all the rage at the moment, and I know people have been talking about wanting to get Michigan out front on it.

Not exclusive enough. Think outside of what the country already has, think of something no one else has. Think of this as something that no one in the entire nation has.

Archived