Massive Riverfront Project

GRDadof3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it's worth, my money is on Toyota North America moving their operations to this location downtown. In places like IL and TX they house credit and finance in their facilities, along with administration of actual Toyota products. Toyota is also huge outside of the auto industry, especially in the lift truck market.

For what it's worth, my money is on Toyota North America moving their operations to this location downtown. In places like IL and TX they house credit and finance in their facilities, along with administration of actual Toyota products. Toyota is also huge outside of the auto industry, especially in the lift truck market.

Where is Toyota NA now?

edit: Erlanger KY, I knew that :blush: Right across the river from Cincinatti.

Where is Toyota NA now?

edit: Erlanger KY, I knew that :blush: Right across the river from Cincinatti.

I think that is where their production headquarters might be, and it's a rather new facility. The administrative headquarters are strewn about the country, NYC, Carol Stream IL, Plano (?) TX, Torrence CA. The may be looking to consolidate so many offices.

This talk almost makes all other threads irrelavant... What's River House?

What if its a massive head quarters complex housing not just one national company or local company but several others...? If this national developer has cloat and is persuasive enough to make things work would this be possible? Billions on one tenant thats a lot...

This talk almost makes all other threads irrelavant... What's River House?

What if its a massive head quarters complex housing not just one national company or local company but several others...? If this national developer has cloat and is persuasive enough to make things work would this be possible? Billions on one tenant thats a lot...

OK, stupid question. Why would Toyota put their new NA HQ right downtown GR? What are the benefits of doing that vs. any other location around the country?

OK, stupid question. Why would Toyota put their new NA HQ right downtown GR? What are the benefits of doing that vs. any other location around the country?

Prestige, location, maybe GR is offering tax incentives that blow everyone else out of the water?

Competition?

Ha, we have a huge office in your state, but its not Detroit! We are different, ha ha ha ha!

It's near the rest of the auto industry? Grand Rapids is cheap? They want to start a war with Detroit? They want to make GM's headquarters in the Ren Cen look puny? :D

-nb

I'm not really sure, just throwing it out there. They were interested in putting an engine plant in the area (although it was cut down). Maybe they didn't put up much of a fight because they knew they were coming to GR anyway. Plus since it's administrative you wouldn't need a ton of room for plants, factories, etc. Maybe they wanted to be in a downtown area and couldn't find one in the country with enough acreage where they could be so central.

This is all just speculation though.

Prestige, location, maybe GR is offering tax incentives that blow everyone else out of the water?

Competition?

Ha, we have a huge office in your state, but its not Detroit! We are different, ha ha ha ha!

I've wondered if Grand Rapids could play on that angle. You're still in the auto state, but not in metro Detroit.

It's near the rest of the auto industry? Grand Rapids is cheap? They want to start a war with Detroit? They want to make GM's headquarters in the Ren Cen look puny? :D

-nb

If Toyota really wanted to make the RenCen look puny, Would GR bite?

I mean thats like Monolithic compared to the rest of the city. If something in the vicinity of 80 stories plus was being built there (something on that scale would be the only thing I can think of to make rencen look small) The whole city would shift towards that area. What is now considered DT wouldn't be DT anymore.

I mean, damn. If infill started taking place GR would baloon in a matter of short years. People in Wyoming would complain of the shadow!

-nb

I think that's very interesting nb. Toyota's war with GM has only begun. They are on a mission to dominate the NA market. I don't know anything at all, just speculating.

I think that's very interesting nb. Toyota's war with GM has only begun. They are on a mission to dominate the NA market. I don't know anything at all, just speculating.

Not to be overly optimistic (Im not really expecting anything more then 15 stories whatever this is here) but how much acerage does the Ren Cen take?

i'm going to laugh my butt off, when we find out that herbucks chickery in Ionia wants to consolidate there operations in downtown Grand Rapids, because of convenience, and all this speculation turns out to be a 1.5 million square foot chicken coop!

i'm going to laugh my butt off, when we find out that herbucks chickery in Ionia wants to consolidate there operations in downtown Grand Rapids, because of convenience, and all this speculation turns out to be a 1.5 million square foot chicken coop!

lol I know better then that :ph34r:

I like the idea of a massive 800 footer towering over south of town kind of saying, "Hey! I got my eye on you..." or "Hey! I know what all of you people do...run around buying stuff at the various highend botiques and national chains located downtown...ya' I know who you are!" But that would seriously alter the skyline forever.

I like the idea of a massive 800 footer towering over south of town kind of saying, "Hey! I got my eye on you..." or "Hey! I know what all of you people do...run around buying stuff at the various highend botiques and national chains located downtown...ya' I know who you are!" But that would seriously alter the skyline forever.

Like the Eye of Sauron?

Archived