Sculpture Exhibit Downtown Grand Rapids

GRDadof3

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that spot would be awesome for that fisherman one that tom has (if you know what im talking about :) )

That is one of the downfalls with Art. The potential location envisioned by the artist may be completely different than what it ends up being.

The leg would be good in a park or urban setting, fisherman good along the river, and the head in a health care setting.

That is one of the downfalls with Art. The potential location envisioned by the artist may be completely different than what it ends up being.

Didn't Otterness choose all of the locations? There are a bunch of flagpoles surrounding it. Maybe he thought the pole-like sculpture would tie-in with the flagpoles.

I have a hard-time believing that any artist who is offered to select the site doesn't get his or her way. So I'm pretty sure Otterness placed this piece there for a reason.

reader.jpg

twomoneybag.jpg

And now for some town shots:

agp.jpg

jwpedbrge.jpg

plaza.jpg

calder.jpg

deer.jpg

fish.jpg

bikehaha.jpg

Didnt someone take a pic of this bike like 3 months ago???

ww2mem.jpg

I was really worried that the gulliver ones would come out bad, but they really were pretty good. I just wish I could have gotten a better look (I parked at a meter, and only put a nickel in!) but just as I left a bunch of people began climbing all over it, and that was cool.

Anyone notice the one little (haha!) guy on "Big Penny" is inconspicously missing from the top of the penny in all the promotional material?

Same is true with the one in front of LV Eberhard Its always shown with the guy facing away from the camera :P

The map showed a fish sculpture with the bear, but I couldn't find it. I hope it wasn't stolen.

We looked for it too near the Fish Ladder and couldn't find it. It's a walking Darwin Fish too, isn't it?

Waiting, watching, hungry....

153666357_1fbadc9413_b.jpg

National Geographic presents...

153666358_9a2758a331_b.jpg

There were some pretty big fish shooting up the ladder today. :w00t:

We looked for it too near the Fish Ladder and couldn't find it. It's a walking Darwin Fish too, isn't it?

Waiting, watching, hungry....

<snip sweet pic #1>

National Geographic presents...

<snip sweet pic #2>

There were some pretty big fish shooting up the ladder today. :w00t:

Great pics (as usual). I wish I had a job that let me be out and about on a regular basis. :/

I'm sorry, but I have to ask...

If we sometimes go into the woods to relieve ourselves,

do bears sometimes come out of the woods to relieve themselves?

From the rear this bear looks like he's maybe had too much Oberon.

149993567.jpg

Otterness must be in town. they moved the Marriage of Real Estate and Money

149993572.jpg

Otterness must be in town. they moved the Marriage of Real Estate and Money

I don't think he or the Gardens would move anything unless they were forced to, which makes me thing it had something to do with the owner of that property.

Archived