Virginia Coffee House

rusthebuss

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe next time the Republicans will be smart enough to wait until the election's over to show their a$$es. That whole set up could have been done to the other side with similar ignorance.

Quick! Gather up some Repugs and ask them, "Who's John Boehner?" or "Which candidate's middle name is Hussein?" or "Which candidate stands for 'family values'?" or "Which candidate is a closet terrorist/communist?"

Translated into English: "I don't like the results".

Zogby America polled 512 Obama voters -- nationwide. 4.4% margin of error. They found:

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that.

Besides, I didn't think the correct parallel was Borat -- I thought it was Micheal Moore or Bill Maher.

Translated into English: "I don't like the results".

Zogby America polled 512 Obama voters -- nationwide. 4.4% margin of error. They found:

57.4% could NOT correctly say which party controls congress (50/50 shot just by guessing)

81.8% could NOT correctly say Joe Biden quit a previous campaign because of plagiarism (25% chance by guessing)

82.6% could NOT correctly say that Barack Obama won his first election by getting opponents kicked off the ballot (25% chance by guessing)

88.4% could NOT correctly say that Obama said his policies would likely bankrupt the coal industry and make energy rates skyrocket (25% chance by guessing)

56.1% could NOT correctly say Obama started his political career at the home of two former members of the Weather Underground (25% chance by guessing).

Only 13.7% failed to identify Sarah Palin as the person on which their party spent $150,000 in clothes

Only 6.2% failed to identify Palin as the one with a pregnant teenage daughter

And 86.9 % thought that Palin said that she could see Russia from her "house," even though that was Tina Fey who said that.

Besides, I didn't think the correct parallel was Borat -- I thought it was Micheal Moore or Bill Maher.

Edited by cpeakesqr

I love the fact that Obama plans to fix the economy, now get this, by spending more money! Man i can see the inflation now. He wants to ban "assault weapons"(quotation is there because what he calls assault weapons are not assault weapons but semi auto versions of them) to get them off the streets. I really don't see assault weapons roaming around the streets assaulting people. Its straight up BS! with serious big govt motives behind it. The second ammendment was put there for the citizens to protect themselves against people like him. The ammendment doesn't state that the govt should decide which ones we are allowed to have and not to have. Guess what, the criminals don't follow the laws so they will still get their hands on them. This joker is not my president. Alan Keyes in 2012!

The problem with the thrust of this specious thread is that the Obama campaign appealed to voters who are were better educated, whereas many of the the Mc Cain voters tended to be less so. It may be that many Obama supporters were pulled in by the star quality of the candidate. I find it a little scary when I see the hyped adoration on the faces in an Obama crowd. Some of those people will probably be let down by Obama's cautious, conventional approach. I find it reassuring.

Ahhhh, not so much. NY Times says Voters with less than HS diploma -- Obama 63% -- McCain 35% HS diploma -- 52% v. 46% Some college -- 51% v. 47% College -- 53% v. 47%

About the only decisive demographic there is the HS dropout vote, which Obama carried handily. The numbers stayed about the same as you went up in education levels, and closely mirrored the overall 53% - 46% victory margin.