Park Plaza Mall

Coach is now open. It looks really nice. On the other hand, Crabtree & Evelyn seems to be closing. I knew that the chain had filed for bankruptcy, but i didn't know that they were closing stores.

Does anyone seem to know whats going on at the old lubys location? There seems to be some sort of work going on inside.

I think that the AL's formal and the other empty store (old limited too) next to it could make a good apple location. but they have to do something to that exterior. It looks awful.

Coach is now open. It looks really nice. On the other hand, Crabtree & Evelyn seems to be closing. I knew that the chain had filed for bankruptcy, but i didn't know that they were closing stores.

Does anyone seem to know whats going on at the old lubys location? There seems to be some sort of work going on inside.

I think that the AL's formal and the other empty store (old limited too) next to it could make a good apple location. but they have to do something to that exterior. It looks awful.

I was at PP today and noticed Crabtree was empty. There were people in there packing things, probably should have asked them what was going on. I also noticed that Regis Salon was closed temporarily for remodeling. The sign said they would reopen mid-August.

Interesting comment on the Luby's space. I do think there's some work going on there and that it could be the Apple store. However, there doesn't seem to be any work visible on the outside, which would have to happen compared to what it is right now.

Interesting comment on the Luby's space. I do think there's some work going on there and that it could be the Apple store. However, there doesn't seem to be any work visible on the outside, which would have to happen compared to what it is right now.

It is my understanding that the Apple store still has a signed lease with Promenade at Chenal. Who knows though.

It is my understanding that the Apple store still has a signed lease with Promenade at Chenal. Who knows though.

Who knows is right. This was hinted at, yet again, in the Life in Chenal mag this month....but I'll believe Apple is in LR only when I see signage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed at Park Plaza yesterday that a new store Shoe Woo is going in the old Kirkland's location, the sign says it will be open this fall. This store doesn't interest me since it's only women's shoes, but I find it an interesting addition. I went to their website and they only have three locations (NJ, NY and DC). Very surprising that LR would be that early in their expansion. I guess it says something positive about our market, though.

http://shoewoo.com/

Also, Romancing the Stone is now in the old Crabtree & Evelyn and there's an empty space across from Shoe Woo that looks like construction is about to start. Is it an Apple store? Probably not, but no signs are up yet.

I noticed at Park Plaza yesterday that a new store Shoe Woo is going in the old Kirkland's location, the sign says it will be open this fall. This store doesn't interest me since it's only women's shoes, but I find it an interesting addition. I went to their website and they only have three locations (NJ, NY and DC). Very surprising that LR would be that early in their expansion. I guess it says something positive about our market, though.

http://shoewoo.com/

Also, Romancing the Stone is now in the old Crabtree & Evelyn and there's an empty space across from Shoe Woo that looks like construction is about to start. Is it an Apple store? Probably not, but no signs are up yet.

I think the new Aldo shoe store is very nice...progressively designed shoes at reasonable prices.

Regarding Apple, who knows, but I'm more and more convinced that it would do much better in either Park Plaza or Midtown. If it does end up landing at the Promenade as was their plan, it will certainly legitimize that center.

• 1 month later...

Spencer's gifts is going in to the top floor of Park Plaza. That leaves the old Luby's as the only current vacancy (although there is that space on the outside next to the formal wear place). Pretty impressive occupancy considering the economy. I'm sure a couple of places will go out after the holidays, but that should be easy to recover from.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

According to plumbing permits, Teavana is coming to Park Plaza. Hadn't heard of it before, but it's apparently a sizable chain with the nearest locations being in Dallas and Nashville. It's all tea, here's the website:

www.teavana.com

The permit says it's suite #2190 in the mall, but according to Park Plaza's website, that # doesn't exist. My guess would be in place of the small jewelry/gold buyer that's next to Banana Republic and probably just there through the end of the year.

Not sure how successful the store will be, but it's good to see something unique to the market.

• 1 month later...

Now that the christmas shopping season is over, has aything else in Park Plaza closed? What about the new store Teavana? has that opened?

Bailey Banks and Biddle, which went bankrupt, is sitting empty. As is the little t-shirt shop that was behind it down that side hallway. Also, I noticed that Romancing the Stone had gone out. There appears to be construction going on next to Banana Republic, where the tea place will be, but no sign up. and The Buckle is temporarily relocated to that outside space next to the tux shop while they remodel their existing store.

That seems to be it for vacancies other than the old Luby's.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a nation wide chain and is actually a really cool store for tea lovers, myself included. Visited it today and there was a nice size crowd in there. Awesome tasting stuff!!!

I've checked out their website but never actually been in one of their stores. Whenever I finally stop by Little Rock I'll have to check it out. I'm a big tea lover myself.

I've checked out their website but never actually been in one of their stores. Whenever I finally stop by Little Rock I'll have to check it out. I'm a big tea lover myself.

Went by the last time I was at the Mall and they were handing out free samples. Not bad, not bad. But I am an ice tea man myself. Straight no sugar. Five Guys has good tea as long as they don't put the sweet tea in the un-sweet container. That sucks.

Went by the last time I was at the Mall and they were handing out free samples. Not bad, not bad. But I am an ice tea man myself. Straight no sugar. Five Guys has good tea as long as they don't put the sweet tea in the un-sweet container. That sucks.

Speaking of Five Guys. I tried them out last week. Underwhelmed is the word which comes to mind. The burger was small (even for a double-decker) but good. The much-heralded fries, while copious, were not all that. I had the cajun-spice fries. The fries had a weird, non-Cajun spice flavor, and were soggy, not crispy. If that's all it is, I can see its days numbered.

• 2 weeks later...

According to plumbing permits, a permit has been filed for Park Plaza Mall, #3100. Went to the Park plaza website and that's the old Lubys. The permit has no description other than 'white box'. Not sure if that means there's some temporary store going in there or what.

That's all I know, except that at least one person will respond to this thread with an "I bet it's Apple." comment.

According to plumbing permits, a permit has been filed for Park Plaza Mall, #3100. Went to the Park plaza website and that's the old Lubys. The permit has no description other than 'white box'. Not sure if that means there's some temporary store going in there or what.

That's all I know, except that at least one person will respond to this thread with an "I bet it's Apple." comment.

From what I've seen 'white box' construction tend to just be rather general type construction to make a location a little more suitable for someone else to come in and take over the space. So I'm not sure if this is just very general work being done or if someone is trying to be sneaky and get some construction in without letting on just who it is. I know plumbing permits tend to be giveaways to who's moving into a space. I've been wondering if somebody might catch on to that and find another way to get some work done without letting on just who it is.

Well, for what it's worth, Apple didn't try to be sneaky when they got their plumbing permit for the Promenade, so I tend to think it wouldn't be them.

While I do think it would be a good location for them, I doubt it is. The mall is probably just trying to make the space more appealing or, more likely, getting it to the point that it can be used for seasonal store this Christmas.

• 3 weeks later...

In yesterday's paper, the building permit was to split the space into two white boxes. I didn't realize the space had enough storefront area to be split in two. I'm not positive, but I think Hollister had taken some of the old Luby's space, so it isn't as big as it used to be. Will be interested to see what they're thinking. I'm sure they think it's more leasable this way.