Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

Ryan Ramsey has a most strange and wonderous panorama of Richmond in his December gallery at Richmond City Watch. It is the last picture in the eclectic selection of seedy Broad Street storefronts undergoing reclaimation, Monument Avenue mansions and miscellaneous sites. I'd bring the gallery over here, but I'm sure his work is protected by copyright. If you know how to access his photo galleries, treat yourself!

Edited by burt

I work for Verizon and I'm a network tech for Fios

I think I started the discussion about Fios. I'm moving to Glen Allen on Jan 1. We have Verizon scheduled to hook us up on the 6th. The house were moving to had Fios service before we purchased it. I'm hoping to be back on the Internets on the 6th, assuming all goes well with the hook up. I've got the little Linksys 160N to configure too. I won't feel moved in until I connected.

I think I started the discussion about Fios. I'm moving to Glen Allen on Jan 1. We have Verizon scheduled to hook us up on the 6th. The house were moving to had Fios service before we purchased it. I'm hoping to be back on the Internets on the 6th, assuming all goes well with the hook up. I've got the little Linksys 160N to configure too. I won't feel moved in until I connected.

Turbo, aren't you the Little Rock native who inquired about far West End restaurants recently?

Welcome to the area. Pity your address is the obscure Glen Allen. Prepare to explain to distant friends that your home is really Greater Richmond since few outsiders have the remotest idea of Glen Allen's location.

Once connected to a provider, please visit this site often.

Here's my kvetch about the present Times Dispatch online set-up:

Entertainment news is not available in the way that other newspaper sections are in the present configuration at Richmond dot com (or inRich -- I've never figured out what it's called these days.)

All sections have "More headlines" directing one to stories other than the one highlighted, but when you click "More Headlines" on the Entertainment section, up comes a blank page.

The Times Dispatch has a "contact us" feature called "Feedback" but it's totally worthless. I've NEVER gotten a reply from it, including my latest query about the lack of today's news in Entertainment.

The menu under the Entertainment heading is the least helpful I've seen in a Metropolitan daily.

So there, RTD!!! :P

I work for Verizon and I'm a network tech for Fios

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do that job... I've passed Verizon's tests several times during my job searches years ago. The last time was in 2005 because Verizon's raises are like... :huh::o:shok:

Turbo, aren't you the Little Rock native who inquired about far West End restaurants recently?

Welcome to the area. Pity your address is the obscure Glen Allen. Prepare to explain to distant friends that your home is really Greater Richmond since few outsiders have the remotest idea of Glen Allen's location.

Once connected to a provider, please visit this site often.

Tis me. My wife and I ate at the Home Team Grill (suggested by Tburban) when we visited in mid-November. The house we purchased is near by. We look forward to the new middle school and Ukrops.

I'll be on UP as soon as I can. I can tell you guys are a great resource of info. My family (I have elementary age girls) is anticipating a great time in Richmond. The movers show up here in the morning.

Edited by turboturtle

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do that job... I've passed Verizon's tests several times during my job searches years ago. The last time was in 2005 because Verizon's raises are like... :huh::o:shok:

You Verizon guys may be able to help me with some leads... I'm wondering who houses the large data centers in the Richmond area. I'm a professional data groper moving to the area. :tough: I'm aware of Capital One. I have an extensive background in higher ed, so I've applied for positions at URich and VCU. Any other private companies in the Richmond area that I should know about? Does Verizon operated any data centers in the area?

Tis me. My wife and I ate at the Home Team Grill (suggested by Tburban) when we visited in mid-November. The house we purchased is near by. We look forward to the new middle school and Ukrops.

I'll be on UP as soon as I can. I can tell you guys are a great resource of info. My family (I have elementary age girls) is anticipating a great time in Richmond. The movers show up here in the morning.

Good deal, hope you guys liked it. We've got great elementary schools, and based on how close you're locating, it'll either be Twin Hickory, River's Edge, Shady Grove, or Colonial Trails (I went to Twin Hickory when we first moved here). Let me know if you've got any questions, we're right in Twin Hickory.