Richmond off-topic postings

Cotuit

:cry::cry: Coupe, my friend, I watched til the first half but then had to go out. Was so sorry to learn just now that it didn't go the way it should have.

"Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start all over again" as I believe Jerome Kern said in one of his songs.

That GMU got as far as it did is remarkable! :)

One of the announcers said that with 28,000 students GMU is the State's largest University. Doesn't VCU have 29,000 to 30,000 enrollees?

Burt... as of this semester, GMU has 29,728 students. VCU also has more than 29,000 students, but I assume GMU just edges it out.

The city was alive this Sunday. I've seen many couples holding hands... I ran into a co-worker with her boyfriend (I assume) scooting along the canal. An ex-co-worker saw me as he drove by 21st and Main. Traffic along the streets was terrible for me. Families and groups of friends were out. Joggers, walkers, pets... Wharf St was FULL of cars and people, many people fishing, hanging out, etc.

Man I miss winter... when I had the city to myself.

If it was yesterday, it wasn't me. I was parked in front of MSS.

Too cloudy out there for me today... I think I may actually do my taxes before it's too late! Clean my room... edit pics... find a better job and get out of the torture chamber I'm in now...

Sorry to go off topic of what was going on, but the sky here is looking fierce :unsure: Tornado watch till midnight. Ill be sure to get some pictures soon.

Just heard on NBC4 here in NY that the area west of Norfolk is under severe weather warnings. Be careful, folks!

Just heard on NBC4 here in NY that the area west of Norfolk is under severe weather warnings. Be careful, folks!

Hey BURT !!!

...West of Norfolk !....I'll say !!! I do believe Courtland got blown a little closer to Norfolk.

April 3rd and horizontal lighting, rollin' thunder, gusting winds and dime size rain drops. Must be the thermal updraft from Richmond burning (or was that another year?).

Construction equipment at the new Federal Courthouse, apparently no longer needed at the site, will be hauled away this weekend. As a result, Grace Street between 7th and 8th and Seventh Street between Broad and Franklin will be closed to traffic beginning at 7am this Saturday until 6PM Sunday.

Edited by burt

A "coffeehouse" maybe? Tons of other ones have it. We could move the events one to there and all other subforums similar to events, restaurants...etc. It would give the first page of The richmond forum on just development and the coffeehouse on other things about richmond. Just my opinion. :)

I'm just curious but if Virginia's beaches are so great why are the Outer Banks swamped with Virginians? Almost no state in the Union can match the "historic significance" of Virginia, but like we non-Virginians like to say, "How many Virginians does it take to change a lightbulb?" Answer: 3 - one to change the bulb and two to talk about how great the old one was...

On a side note, they are ripping us apart in the "Which do you prefer VA or NC?" forum <_<

Edited by TBurban

A "coffeehouse" maybe? Tons of other ones have it. We could move the events one to there and all other subforums similar to events, restaurants...etc. It would give the first page of The richmond forum on just development and the coffeehouse on other things about richmond. Just my opinion. :)

On a side note, they are ripping us apart in the "Which do you prefer VA or NC?" forum <_<

:rolleyes: That's fighting an uphill battle right there. The site was founded by people mostly from the Charlotte and NC areas so they of course have far more members. That's why most of these polls split along the lines of which area you come from. I really pay no mind to these vs. threads. They usually don't spark the most mature of discussions anyway.