Virginia Beach City Center/Town Center West

vdogg

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ummm... suburban :(

I disagree, I think it has a great street presence, at least from the rendering. The colors will also fit right in with town center. It may be a mid rise, but I could easily see a building like this in downtown norfolk, minus the parking garage of course. It will definitely add to the hopeful urbanism around pembroke.

I like the design of this building. It is clean building. I think the rendering gives the building a suburban look because of all the trees and lack of other buildings from that conceptual drawing. Any other building would look suburban with that landscape around it. Do you remember the renderings of the Westin, with the pine tree forest and Northern Lights in the background, people on SSP were joking that it looked like it was in Alaska.

I believe that with the City Walk development now unvealed, which is direcetly across the street from Town Center West, this building will now fit in the urban fabric.

I believe that with the City Walk development now unvealed, which is direcetly across the street from Town Center West, this building will now fit in the urban fabric.

As do I. I must say I am more excited by City Walk than any other spinoff from TC so far. I think we can declare TC a full success with this type of privately funded development going on right around it.

As do I. I must say I am more excited by City Walk than any other spinoff from TC so far. I think we can declare TC a full success with this type of privately funded development going on right around it.

Once all this is built then the Kmart site can be razed for more high rises.. woo hoo! :yahoo:

oops :offtopic:

• 1 month later...

There is now a tractor trailer on the former Longbranch steak house site and also today 2 Verizon trucks were at the pawn shop which is next door. Perhaps they are getting ready for construction of TC West.

That sure was quick if they are. :huh:

Probably just site work, perhaps preparing to tear the thing down and move utilities.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived