Encore Condos

GoldRiver

You gotta admit, Mr. Giarratana certainly is an optimist.

Or is he the realist amid a wave of pessimism that is currently seeping the nation. Believe me when I say, that the economy is far better today than in times past. Imagine the market for upscale investments in the late 70's when unemployment was over 10% and mortgages were over 10% as well. Before the end of this year this entire real estate mess may become a memory. I've seen these waves of pessimism sweep the nation before, and the recessions that so many predicted most times never materialized. Paraphrasing Yogi Berra, it ain't a recession until it's a recession. And, just like Tony has said, the condo market really has been barely tapped, so prospects for condo projects in Nashville are probably better here than in other parts of the nation.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm thinking about purchasing a unit in encore or the district lofts, I'm going next week to take a look at the units. I will keep you guys posted.

Interesting two options. District looks much better than I expected and it's a good value for the money; I'd definitely consider one of the townhomes. Encore would be cool if the prices weren't so jacked up.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/Buckhead...200#entry932522

here is a link to an ajc article about novare. they are apparently struggling with their atlanta projects. an upscale project they opened there november is still only 50% sold and they have a 400 plus unit monster well underway in midtown that is only 30% sold...yikes!! jim borders says to expect no new condo starts from them for two years expept for in charlotte and austin.

edit: the article also covers another atl project they'll finish this summer that is only 30% sold.

• 1 month later...

I know WW was able to visit his upcoming unit and my wife and I took a tour of the decorated models last week (our first walk thru of our unit is later this month) and I have to say I was VERY impressed with the building. After seeing the Adalecia a few weeks ago I had reservations about the Encore but truthfully I think there is very little difference between the two. The Encore is a bit more edgy with concrete ceilings and exposed concrete columns in the units but other than that the two are quite similar. The amenities level was quite impressive and the views were spectacular. I have heard they will have an open house similar to the Adalecia this weekend. I hope some of you can attend.

I think there is a huge difference between Adelicia and Encore. Adelicia has a beautiful exterior and spectacular interior setting. Not been inside Encore but the skin is just ugly. If I were investing similar amounts of money for similar sized units I would choose Adelicia everytime.

I think there is a huge difference between Adelicia and Encore. Adelicia has a beautiful exterior and spectacular interior setting. Not been inside Encore but the skin is just ugly. If I were investing similar amounts of money for similar sized units I would choose Adelicia everytime.

I agree. Why they did not put some finished cladding on the exterior, even at street level, I don't understand. It looks awful.

That is the difference, it is not similar money. Encore is less (a similar sized unit to mine at Encore was substantially more.) I have no problem if people want to pay for what makes them feel better be it outside or inside asthetices. My point was the layouts, finishes as far as flooring, cabinetry, countertops, etc. is very similar as are the amenities. Location for some in Mid-town is perfect, for others who work downtown and attend all the sporting events, concerts etc. downtown is the way to go. But they are not similar in costs on Realtracs the avg for Encore is around $313 per foot and Adalecia is $333 per foot.

I agree. Why they did not put some finished cladding on the exterior, even at street level, I don't understand. It looks awful.

They built it exactly as advertised in all billboards and their online site. You should go take a look, in many ways even though it has exposed concrete the interior is warmer than the Adalecia and much warmer than Viridian.

I don't think anybody is alleging false advertising, although I'd aver that texture is not one of the things that comes through very well in a 2D billboard. As you've indicated, that information was presented to prospective buyers.

These recent opinions seem to be just a reaction to the real thing now that it's finished. There are parts that I like about it, but I'd agree with the disappointment in the rough concrete finish at street level. Those are the kinds of styles that we saw in Atlanta until about 5 years ago, then I suppose in response to the same reaction Encore is getting, the newer buildings have a more polished look. JMO.

That is the difference, it is not similar money. Encore is less (a similar sized unit to mine at Encore was substantially more.) I have no problem if people want to pay for what makes them feel better be it outside or inside asthetices. My point was the layouts, finishes as far as flooring, cabinetry, countertops, etc. is very similar as are the amenities. Location for some in Mid-town is perfect, for others who work downtown and attend all the sporting events, concerts etc. downtown is the way to go. But they are not similar in costs on Realtracs the avg for Encore is around $313 per foot and Adalecia is $333 per foot.

Actually, I was comparing prices at both Encore and Adelicia, and when you look closely at price per sqft- Adelicia is equal to or cheaper than Encore 9/10 times. I was suprised. Check out the new ads for the Adelicia- they compare prices.

Actually, I was comparing prices at both Encore and Adelicia, and when you look closely at price per sqft- Adelicia is equal to or cheaper than Encore 9/10 times. I was suprised. Check out the new ads for the Adelicia- they compare prices.

Yes because Adelicia has many more units to sell than Encore. Check out Realtracs and see the price differential.

What details of the Adelicia impressed you the most?

I will answer this question. The blue glass of Viridian and Encore look better in other cities, I think. JMHO. I like the overall charm of Adelicia a lot more, it's very warm on the 20th ave corner, and the private park once it's complete will be a nice addition to midtown. The curves are nice, too...

What details of the Adelicia impressed you the most?

Overall, I like the exterior and interior better, but especially the interior. The simple dark/light palette of Adelicia is more appealing to me, and the simple but strong lines are better able to endure the test of time. I liked the subtle textural qualities in Adelicia, like the sueded dark wall covering in the elevator lobbies; even the dark panels and metal surfaces inside the elevator. I love the floors in the lobby and the clubroom. I actually took the time to appreciate the art hanging in Adelicia -- everything seemed coherent, calming and thoughtful. To me, Viridian's common areas borders on gaudy. Those big polished metal things with the flatscreen inside - yuck. The lobby already seems dated to me, and I think it's overdone. The clubroom is OK, but the fabrics, light fixtures, etc are what were popular/trendy in 2006. I believe Adelicia's finishes are a little more timeless because of their simplicity. Unless Viridian's HOA budgets for major aesthetic interior upgrades in the next 8-10 years, I think it will always be stuck in 2006. I suppose it's more a matter of personal taste, and I prefer the Adelicia.

I will answer this question. The blue glass of Viridian and Encore look better in other cities, I think. JMHO. I like the overall charm of Adelicia a lot more, it's very warm on the 20th ave corner, and the private park once it's complete will be a nice addition to midtown. The curves are nice, too...

I agree. There are also so many higher grade details at the Adelicia. Here are just a few that I have noted:

Adelicia Vs. Encore

solid maple shaker style cabinetry vs. laminate flat panel cabinet doors

6 choices of 3 cm granite countertops vs. 2 cm granite available in only light and dark; varied by floor not by unit

Kohler faucets throughout vs. inexpensive builder-grade sinks and plumbing faucets

California Closets included in select units vs. only wire shelving offered

3,000 sf fitness center w/ 20 pieces of equipment and yoga room vs. 1200sf gym, no yoga/ aerobic room

Since prices are comprable or even cheaper at the Adelicia, it seems that you would clearly get more for your money at the Adelicia.

Archived