Skyline Report

razorbackfan

Here is copied some information from Arkansasbusiness.com, basically the vacancy rate rate for homes in NWA is lower now then it was in the second quarter for 2005. I don't see building boom slowing down a whole lot in NWA anytime soon. One thing I found interesting is that Rogers had the highest vacancy at 13.2% while Siloam Springs has the lowest at 1.3%.

The Sam M. Walton College of Business Center for Business & Economic Research on Monday released its third-quarter multifamily market results from the

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Roger's numbers are very skewd and unaccurate. A majority of those homes probably just finished construction or they were under construction.

I think I'll move this to the NWA Forum.

I think you missed this in the report, which must've made my post seem strange...

"multifamily market results "

Meaning apartments. I don't think Benton Co's overbuilt with single family homes at all, probably the opposite.

• 1 month later...

Well some more info from the Skyline Report is out so time to revive this topic. Sounds like office space is catching up to demand. But people still seem optimistic thinking that growth will shortly grow into some of the vacancies. An interesting figure I saw mentioned was that the metro is generating an average of 600 new jobs a month.

Well some more info from the Skyline Report is out so time to revive this topic. Sounds like office space is catching up to demand. But people still seem optimistic thinking that growth will shortly grow into some of the vacancies. An interesting figure I saw mentioned was that the metro is generating an average of 600 new jobs a month.

Siloam's vacancy rates are skewed a bit because of the number of Katrina refugess they took in and then transferred to local apartments.

Is there any idea as to what industry these 600 new jobs are being added to? Would it be sales and marketing?

• 3 weeks later...

More info from the skyline report. Sounds likehouse construction has caught up to growth. Although I think that's not a bad sign. It still won't take long for these houses to sell. But maybe some aspects of the growth are becoming more managable. Now if we could just get infrastructure to catch up.

Off Topic Question:

Is there a website that allows you to search for tax appraisal records in Northwest Arkansas?

In DFW, every property is listed online and you can find out the tax history, etc.

I am looking at some properties in Fayetteville and would like to know if this service exists.

The closest thing I could find is ARCountyData.com. It costs $200 for a one-time setup to access the information, but it sounds like you'd find everything you could want to know about properties in NWA. Unfortunately, both Washington and Benton County are lacking any real effective online systems... Washington County residents can't even pay their property taxes online yet, but their online payment system is supposed to be up in April of this year.

The closest thing I could find is ARCountyData.com. It costs $200 for a one-time setup to access the information, but it sounds like you'd find everything you could want to know about properties in NWA. Unfortunately, both Washington and Benton County are lacking any real effective online systems... Washington County residents can't even pay their property taxes online yet, but their online payment system is supposed to be up in April of this year.

Yeah we don't seem to be particularly internet savy here do we? Maybe that's why developers don't put too much effort into their websites.

Yeah we don't seem to be particularly internet savy here do we? Maybe that's why developers don't put too much effort into their websites.

Yeah you would think us having a big University, a state-of-the-art Research & Technology Park, a computer with internet access in every Public School classroom and thousands of tech-support people for the world's biggest company would give a clue as to how internet savvy we are here.

Yeah you would think us having a big University, a state-of-the-art Research & Technology Park, a computer with internet access in every Public School classroom and thousands of tech-support people for the world's biggest company would give a clue as to how internet savvy we are here.

:lol:

• 2 years later...

New Skyline Report is out. New commercial construction is at it's lowest level since the Skyline Report was started. Building permits for the quarter were also the lowest since the report was started. But I don't think anyone is too surprised with that news. Looks like most developers are putting things on hold if they haven't already, waiting for things to pick up before they consider more possible construction.

Although some news about the local economy hasn't been too great, construction permits have dropped significantly. But it does sound like the surplus of housing in the metro is going down as well. Vacancy in new units have apparently dropped 35% this year. Job growth is up as well. It's only 1% but still better than last year's zero growth. Maybe, just maybe we've seen the worst of this current market slump. Although I suppose some of it will be determined by what happens with the National economy as well.

Archived