Richmond in Pictures II

wrldcoupe4

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's so many people that take pictures of Richmond it's crazy! I always see other people out there doing the same thing as me.

And to my dismay, I don't even have a tripod yet :( Otherwise, I'd have snapped a pic of the fountain lake at night for Burt already :thumbsup:

You wouldn't want to do that until Spring, anyway, since Richmond is famous for stopping the water flow in its fountains. :lol:

Was it this Liggett & Myers cigarette factory?

POST341.JPG

It seems like it didn't used to have the parking deck it has today :huh:

That's it! I have a pretty good memory, don't I? It DOES look like Canal Crossing (did I say Canal Lofts earlier? anyway, it looks not unlike the building with Baskerfield as a tenant at 15th and Dock.

:) You can see that the building behind the lady's hat is now the parking deck.

BTW, does anyone know what the current use for the Model Tobacco Factory on southside is? I love the powerful lettering on the top of the building:

model02.jpg

image from: http://www.buildme.net/Photo%20Library/Mod...0Tobacco%20Web/

I'm sure Model Tobacco Building is on the DO NOT DEMOLISH list! It is considered a very special piece of architecture. I have no idea what its present use is.

How does it go from that to what it looks like today???? What the hell were people thinking in the 70's???

Today (one of my least favorite buildings in the city):

068sc33_7th021.jpg

courtesy of RyanR from RCW**

It's called "re-cladding". Only this time, unlike City Hall, it didn't work.

I have a ton of sunset pics, probably because I tend to use up all of the daylight. Sunday and yesterday combined I took about 412 pics. I'm still editing and resizing. They're nothing really spectacular. I know I'm going to start carrying my tripod in the car so I can have it... but lately leaning upson a post works to steady the cam.

I will feel the hike from yesterday later on today I'm sure. Found more trails in Great Ship Lock Park, walked from there to 14th, walked up 15th down Main, down 21st, down Cary and DOWN Pear all trying to rush since it was getting dark. I didn't know if anyone would tow the car parked at the park past sunset.

By the way, the dock is interesting drained. I think I got every foot of it.

• 2 weeks later...

The interior of that hotel is just astonishing.

Great fotos, coupe. In addition to the grandeur of the Jefferson interior, I liked the shots of the area from wherever they were taken (the room, I suppose). I particularly like the dome of the Cathedral and the minarets of the Landmark Theatre lighted up near Monroe Park. :)

Thanks... I wasnt too pleased with them personally because I took them in a hurry, but thanks anyways!

I just noticed that one of my skyline pics is the one used by Wikipedia.org on their Richmond page. I added the name to get at least a little credit :)

How would I access that page?

Archived