Restaurant Development in NW Arkansas

mcheiss

I think Church's and Popeye's are new to the NWA market.

I had Raisin' Canes once. Good stuff.

Yes, we in NWA are very new to the Fastfood Chicken Industry.

With Popeye's: Springdale was the first location to open, followed by Rogers. Stores are being built in Siloam Springs and Fayetteville, with a second Springdale Location to come.

Chick Fil A came to Rogers about 4 years ago, and is now one of the top grossing restaurants (in sales) in Rogers. Slim Chickens has opened a location in Rogers recently.

Zaxby's has opened a location in Bentonville and is about to open a location in Fayetteville along 6th Street. Rogers, Springdale, and Lowell are supposed to get one each if I'm not mistaken.

Church's is suppose to open 5 locations at least in NWA, with the Rogers location being first.

As you can see, plenty of Chicken Development in NWA.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well they did open one in Bentonville, but it burned down shortly after opening. I haven't heard of them planning any other AQ's anywhere.

I thought it burned while it was still under construction.

Yes, we in NWA are very new to the Fastfood Chicken Industry.

With Popeye's: Springdale was the first location to open, followed by Rogers. Stores are being built in Siloam Springs and Fayetteville, with a second Springdale Location to come.

Chick Fil A came to Rogers about 4 years ago, and is now one of the top grossing restaurants (in sales) in Rogers. Slim Chickens has opened a location in Rogers recently.

Zaxby's has opened a location in Bentonville and is about to open a location in Fayetteville along 6th Street. Rogers, Springdale, and Lowell are supposed to get one each if I'm not mistaken.

Church's is suppose to open 5 locations at least in NWA, with the Rogers location being first.

As you can see, plenty of Chicken Development in NWA.

Ironic since Tyson has their HQ here and there's so much chicken processing up here.

Ironic since Tyson has their HQ here and there's so much chicken processing up here.

One of my coworkers worked at a Pilgrim's Pride plant years ago, so he has a hard time eating processed chicken to this day.

I would imagine, with all the chicken processing going on in NWA, the people working at those plants wouldn't want to step foot inside a chicken joint. Of course, working at Burger King as a teenager didn't make me not want Burger King, with all the things I saw there, so who knows!? :dontknow:

I went into Zaxby's expecting fried chicken and ended up walking out without ordering because they only serve chicken strips, sandwiches and buffalo wings. Zaxby's is more of a Chik-fil-A... nice dining room though. Popeyes is still the best fried chicken and I understand we're supposed to be getting several more of them in NWA. KFC is a second choice, but there's also The Rockin' Chicken in Springdale and Slim Chicken's in Fayetteville and Rogers are a couple more chicken strip and wings places, and of course AQ Chicken in Fayetteville and Springdale... the Bentonville AQ burned down not long after it opened a couple years ago.

What do you mean "in NWA most places are sick"? Is that "sick" as in dirty and run down or "sick" as in the ebonics definition?

The latter, as in good country fried chicken. Hell, you can get pretty good fried chicken at the Italian places in Tontitown.

NWA's unique food contribution, like it or not, is fried chicken and spaghetti. You won't find that anywhere else.

A bit random, but I had lunch today at the Whole Hog Cafe in Bentonville. Great Food, Great Music, and they have 7 different kinds of sauces for your meat. I felt like I was in the Delta for a little while. I highly recommend going there.

I've been a fan of the one in LR for several years. I love the mustard sauce. The owners used to win Memphis in May's BBQ contest about every year. Supposedly they are opening one in Dallas and I'm sure it will go over very well as nobody down here can make decent BBQ.

I thought it burned while it was still under construction.

Maybe... I never had a chance to check it out.

Actually, there are more Tyson products in stores outside of Northwest Arkansas than there are here. My brother in Florida always asks me if I tried some new Tyson steak strips or something and I can't find them anywhere here.

Actually, there are more Tyson products in stores outside of Northwest Arkansas than there are here. My brother in Florida always asks me if I tried some new Tyson steak strips or something and I can't find them anywhere here.

That must be the fajita steak strips? Those are pretty good, but you have to heat them up strictly by the directions. You can make some good homemade fajitas with those! :w00t:

No way, the AQ had been open for years, until a former employee decided to torch the place.

Hmmm...I could have swore I hard about one burning while it was under construction. Could they have been rebuilding it when it burned again? Or maybe a different location?

Hmmm...I could have sword I hard about one burning while it was under construction. Could they have been rebuilding it when it burned again? Or maybe a different location?

No way, I'm 1000% sure. My family used to eat there all the time, and than boom, some idiot had to burn it down.

Guess I'm wrong then, because you'd know better than I would since you're up there a lot more than I am.

Matt's correct. We also ate there many times over a period of several years. It wasn't up to the standard of the original, but it was still good.

Matt's correct. We also ate there many times over a period of several years. It wasn't up to the standard of the original, but it was still good.

Yeah, I particularly enjoyed eating at the Springdale location, has a bit more history and "Ozark Feel" to it.

That's the original AQ in Springdale, which also has the AQ Outback drive-thru and a playground in back. The one in Bentonville didn't have a playground.

I couldn't remember if the one in B'ville had one as well. I only ate at that one 2 or 3 times and that was years ago. You're right, though, I was thinking of the original.

Did you know there was once an AQ in Little Rock? Apparently there were managment issues and it quickly went under.

New, much larger Shogun finally getting going in Fayetteville. The restaurant submitted plans recently for a 10,551 sq foot restaurant. That seems really large for a restaurant. The location is just off of Joyce and Steele blvds, or just NE of Buffalo Wild Wings. There has been a sign on the lot for at least a couple of years saying there were going to build there, I guess they aregoing to get started.

New, much larger Shogun finally getting going in Fayetteville. The restaurant submitted plans recently for a 10,551 sq foot restaurant. That seems really large for a restaurant. The location is just off of Joyce and Steele blvds, or just NE of Buffalo Wild Wings. There has been a sign on the lot for at least a couple of years saying there were going to build there, I guess they aregoing to get started.

Great news, thanks for the update. I've been wondering when they'd finally move ahead on this.

• 2 weeks later...

Also in the same area as the new Shogun, as well as the Taco Bueno and new Arby's, there is going to be a Taco Bell. I am sure all of you can't wait to be the first ones through the door. It looks like this area is becoming a fast food mecca. I guess with the theater opening up there next year, it will be a good place to have a franchise.

Also in the same area as the new Shogun, as well as the Taco Bueno and new Arby's, there is going to be a Taco Bell. I am sure all of you can't wait to be the first ones through the door. It looks like this area is becoming a fast food mecca. I guess with the theater opening up there next year, it will be a good place to have a franchise.

I wonder if Taco Bueno and Taco Bell are going to have to duke it out with each other being so close to each other up there. But like you said with the new theater going in up there along with all the other retail and such that area is probably a really good idea for restaurant chains.

Yes, another Taco Bell, what does that make for Fayetteville now, 5 or 6!!!! :lol:

In another News, the Ice House has officially opened. The Bar/Restaurant includes over 15,000sq ft for musical/entertainment purposes, as well as NWA's first Ice Bar. The Ice House is located in Downtown Bentonville as well.

Yes, another Taco Bell, what does that make for Fayetteville now, 5 or 6!!!! :lol:

In another News, the Ice House has officially opened. The Bar/Restaurant includes over 15,000sq ft for musical/entertainment purposes, as well as NWA's first Ice Bar. The Ice House is located in Downtown Bentonville as well.

Yeah 5 or 6 sounds about right. Oh, what exactly is an Ice Bar? :)

Archived