ironchapman

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A couple of franchise expansions in the area:

Another Ruby Tuesday's is currently under construction in Evans at the Mullins Crossing shopping center. It is expected to be opened by Labor Day. Also a few more are planned in the area, and South Augusta should be getting one next.

Sonic's is under construction on Wheeler Rd. This will make the tenth Sonic's in the area.

Moe's Bar & Grill is making their second location in the area in the Mullins Crossing shopping center.

Well the sign is still up. Plus the Avenue is supposed to open up around the same time as the Villages. Since the Avenue is much smaller, they won't have to start on it just yet. Land clearing for the Villages was started about 2 or three months ago and actual construction hasn't even begun yet .

PJA, I noticed today they have taken down the signs for The Avenue and replaced them with 'for sale" signs. I guess that project was just one too many for the Augusta area. It would have been quite saturated with upscale lifestyle centers if the Avenue was built...so this could be a good thing.

^ Yep... Just check out todays chronicle... The Avenue developers are hoping to form more of a partnership with the Riverwatch developers... In related news, the Macys furniture store at Augusta mall will also be closing in July to make way for the construction of the expansion at the mall.

• 2 weeks later...

Moe's Bar & Grill is making their second location in the area in the Mullins Crossing shopping center.

Yeah in today's chronicle, the Franchise owners also plan on adding two more locations to Augusta, one downtown, and one possibly around Wheeler rd somewhere. They expect one more to open by the end of this year. But still no mention of South Augusta yet, :cry:

Article

Edited by DaGABoyStinger

A couple shots from this weekend...

The selective care facility on Walton Way.

selhos.jpg

The Miller refurb. I saw some activity in there this weekend, but when I returned to take a photo it was all locked up again.. I'm still very excited about this one...

miller.jpg

An old, rotting canal or Augusta's next big neighborhood? If the library, courthouse, and res/retail come to life, this shot will look very different. The building on the left is a small portion of the Enterprise mill redevelopment (residential + "canal interpretive center").

canal.jpg

And a random shot.... I.M. Pei penthouse or not, I still think the Lamar building is a beautiful structure.

lamar.jpg

Edited by Topher1

A Memphis based barbecue chain Called Sticky Fingers is making its way to Augusta. It will be located in the former Stool Pigeons Restaurant in the Augusta Exchange shopping center. This is the second location in Georgia with the first GA location being in Savannah.

Sticky Fingers is fairly popular here in the Upstate SC, (G-ville, Spartanburg and Anderson have locations,) so im sure it will do well in Augusta....although that location seems to doom any restaurant that tries to open there. How many different chains have had locations there anyway? I know it was Don Pablos to begin with, and some sort of Stir-Fry restaurant after that at some point.

Pillsbury, Fat Tuesdays was a fun little place where they actually had a DRIVE THROUGH! In other words...kind of promoting drinking and driving. I think Georgia laws have changed since then though, (open container) so I dont see this new place having a drive though window. I will say I hope it is as popular as Fat Tuesdays was. Sunday nights the party would spill over onto Washinton rd. from this place.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found an interesting article in the Metro Spirit about the proposed Sam's Club expansion on Bobby Jones Expressway. Sam's is going to have to move due to the Bobby JOnes & I-20 interchanged being reconstructed. The new interchange will cut off some of Sam's parking lot. The owners of the shopping center want Sam's to be relocated next door to Tractor Supply and Sportman's Link but the owner of Sportman's Link doesn't want to move. Here's the article.

It's rather interesting. I see both sides of the story. I think it would be beneficial for Sam's to stay in the shopping center because if not they would probably move to Columbia County. At the same time I wouldn't want to be forced to leave a location especially if I had a lease.