Sprindale Minor League Sports Complex and Minor League Baseball Stadium

mcheiss

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, Tommy Lee Jones like Midland since he owns a ranch out there. And don't forget the new Odessa Meteor Crater Museum that draws tourists from all over (j/k).

South Padre Island has about 3,000 residents and is just a spring break destination. You must be thinking of South Padre's big neighbor, Brownsville, which is about half the size of Corpus Christi. Corpus is a much bigger year-round tourist destination than South Padre. My brother is trying to get me to go with him to Corpus this summer.

What I find interesting is that Midland-Odessa and Corpus Christi not only have Texas League baseball teams, but also indoor football, hockey, and basketball teams. Midland also has a coloseum that hosts many sporting and entertainment events. NWA will be the only metro in the Texas League to not have any other professional sports. I left out the Arkansas Stars on purpose because their league is a joke.

Maybe in 10 years NWA will be up to par with these other cities.

If it's true that the Rich's already had a team name chosen while they had everyone voting for a name that sucks. Why would they mislead us into thinking we could make a difference, unless they think people in NWA are incapable of coming up with a better name than "Naturals". I'll bet they spent all of 30 seconds coming up with that name.

Looks like you can divide people into two different groups. Those that like the Thunder Chickens and those who don't. I still say I wouldn't buy a jersey or hat with Thunder Chickens on it. It also just seems to go against the reason why the city of Springdale went to all this trouble. Did they not mention they wanted to try to change their image? Maybe someone should have suggested the Pollos Locos and went with a Mexican theme. Naturals isn't my top choice but I don't have a problem with it.

A bit of a subject change, so the fact still stands that this stadium and surrounding area realy needs two exits off the freeway, but no one wants to make Watkins an interchange because they want to keep it a neighborhood street, BUT, I found something interesting out the other day. I was at my friends house and I saw orange flags running all down Oaklawn dr in peoples front yards, I asked him about it and he said that they are widening Oaklawn to 5 lanes. Incase some people dont know where this street is, its where 40th st ends in a hard left and turns into Oaklawn just a little bit south of Helen Tyson Middle School. But when I left his house I caught a glimpse of a path that was cut through the trees, it was a superwide dirt path heading straight through the dense trees and straight toward 48th st, as well as ground work between 48th st and I 540, i asked him about this too and he said that the rumor is that they are continuing Oaklawn from the 40th street L to 48th st and then it is going to intersect with I 540 become an over pass with huge off ramps like the 412 interchange and it will intersect with 56th and continue to another county road as it hits the Tontitown line. It makes sense, and this would deffinately be the best place to put this for everyone, the perfect middle spot between the Johnson exit and 412.

Archived